#31 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Dominic Hixon re tweeted the article about the Panthers targeted him and Barden on his twitter account. Kinda interesting.

poo they can wait. nobody but us will want them.

#32 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Two guys I hope we target early are DT Sammie Lee Hill and OL Donald Thomas. Both would be relatively cheap but bring a lot of versatility and take care of some needs.

Also, I wouldn't be mad at all if we scooped up Dominek Hixon early on. He'd be a really solid 3rd WR/STeamer. In fact, his numbers (39 catches for 567 yards w/ 2 TDs) were pretty comparable to Brandon Lafell's (44 catches for 677 yards w/ 4 TDs) despite starting in 9 less games and appearing in 1 less game last season.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

To be clear, is this meant to be an NFL free agency thread, or a Panthers free agency thread?

I'd expect it to be an NFL thread, but thought I'd ask.

#34 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

What time can teams officially start signing players?

#35 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

What time can teams officially start signing players?

4 p.m. EST

#36 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Looks like Greg Toler is off the market, re-signing with the Cards.

http://profootballta...-the-cardinals/

Edit: Looks like Toler didn't sign.

#37 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,527 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

David Garrard signed with the Jets. So no backup signing.

#38 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

looks like the Bucs are targeting Goldson...

http://profootballta...dashon-goldson/

Man I would hate to see him a Barron on the same team in our DIV.....

#39 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,527 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

That would suck majorily.

#40 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Agreed. Barron and Goldson would be a problem. I imagine that they'd try to bring in a big name CB as well. They have money to spend.

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Kenny Phillips
Pat Chung
Desmond Bryant
Chris Canty
Louis Vasquez
Danny Amendola
Antoine Cason
Adrian Wilson

Please 1-2 of them.

#42 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

The Lions "remain interested" in CB Antoine Cason as free agency approaches.

Steelers re-signed restricted free agent RB Jonathan Dwyer to a one-year, $1.323 million contract.

Free agent S Gerald Sensabaugh visited the Cardinals on Monday.

An "industry source" tells the Florida Times Union free agent CB Derek Cox will likely command a deal worth roughly $24 million over four years.

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com is "hearing a lot of buzz" regarding free agent SS Glover Quin and the Lions.

Profootballtalk.com reports that a new contract for Percy Harvin is already in place with the Seahawks.

The Eagles are reportedly one of the teams that has expressed interest in free agent SS LaRon Landry.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Lions and Bucs are considered the favorites to land free agent FS Dashon Goldson.

Profootballtalk.com reports the Jets have a "good" trade offer on the table for Darrelle Revis.

Free agent RT Eric Winston visited the Chargers over the weekend.

Draftinsider.net's Tony Pauline "continues to hear" free agent Shonn Greene connected to the Packers.

ESPN New York says the Jets "may still" sign free agent Brady Quinn even after signing David Garrard on Monday.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells USA Today the Redskins are going to "make a push" for free agent CB Aqib Talib.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says free agent Steven Jackson is "coveted by" the Falcons, Lions, Bengals, Steelers, and Packers.

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah "keeps hearing" the Rams and Bears are free agent LT Jake Long's most likely suitors.

#43 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,527 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

The Lions "remain interested" in CB Antoine Cason as free agency approaches.

Steelers re-signed restricted free agent RB Jonathan Dwyer to a one-year, $1.323 million contract.

Free agent S Gerald Sensabaugh visited the Cardinals on Monday.

An "industry source" tells the Florida Times Union free agent CB Derek Cox will likely command a deal worth roughly $24 million over four years.

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com is "hearing a lot of buzz" regarding free agent SS Glover Quin and the Lions.

Profootballtalk.com reports that a new contract for Percy Harvin is already in place with the Seahawks.

The Eagles are reportedly one of the teams that has expressed interest in free agent SS LaRon Landry.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Lions and Bucs are considered the favorites to land free agent FS Dashon Goldson.

Profootballtalk.com reports the Jets have a "good" trade offer on the table for Darrelle Revis.

Free agent RT Eric Winston visited the Chargers over the weekend.

Draftinsider.net's Tony Pauline "continues to hear" free agent Shonn Greene connected to the Packers.

ESPN New York says the Jets "may still" sign free agent Brady Quinn even after signing David Garrard on Monday.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells USA Today the Redskins are going to "make a push" for free agent CB Aqib Talib.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says free agent Steven Jackson is "coveted by" the Falcons, Lions, Bengals, Steelers, and Packers.

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah "keeps hearing" the Rams and Bears are free agent LT Jake Long's most likely suitors.

thanks for the info!

#44 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,527 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

To be clear, is this meant to be an NFL free agency thread, or a Panthers free agency thread?

I'd expect it to be an NFL thread, but thought I'd ask.

Kind of both. Free Agents we sign, hope to sign, and bitch about that we don't sign. Sorry Mr. Scot, you are the thread master, should have let you start this.

#45 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,496 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

This is a buyers market. There is a ton of talent out there. These players that are on the market are not going to get what they think they deserve. Unless your idiots like Jerry Jones and Daniel Synder go stupid and spend a buttload on has been or overrated players. Teams will hold the negotiating power. I think it is in our best interest to negotiate but not be overly anxious to sign a player on the first day. The longer these guys are on the market the lower their cost.

If we do it right. We could easily get a few players at a reasonable price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com