61 replies to this topic

#31 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

From an inferior site. I'll keep saying it. Gettleman wants to move down. Pick up a receiver. Yes, yes, I know it's easier said than done, you don't have to give me the snarky comments we give grade school level posters about it here. I'm simply saying its pretty apparent that's his ideal scenario

"The Carolina Panthers continue their pre-draft process, as they met with Louisiana Tech's Quinton Patton, according to Tony Pauline.

At this stage it's a near-guarantee we'll see a receiver as one of the team's first two picks. The amount of time they've spent looking into the position dwarfs all others, and they're focusing primarily on players who will be available in the first and second rounds."

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Accorsi graduated from the Proudiddy school of GMing.

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thank you.
Now, people can shut up about the taking an OL in the first.

Accorsi doesn't believe it. Reese doesn't believe it. What makes y'all think Gettleman is going to believe it????

#34 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thank you.
Now, people can shut up about the taking an OL in the first.

Accorsi doesn't believe it. Reese doesn't believe it. What makes y'all think Gettleman is going to believe it????

I will continue to say OL in the first. But that's just my opinion.

#35 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm to the point that I don't care who is taken in the first as long as they are immediate starting and making an impact.

#36 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

How many playoff teams had more committed to the o-line in terms of 1st and 2nd round picks than us? We have 3

Gross-8th overall- He's still above average
Amini-40th overall- Ready to give up on him already? Not me.
Kalil- 59th overall- One of the best Centers in the league
RG- ??--Look if Hangman sucks so bad then we can find his replacement in late rounds, does not have to happen in the first fuging round. Especially for a fuging RG! We will find an upgrade at some point but chill on thinking it has to come from the 14th pick in the draft.
RT- Bell. I think this guy is sufficient enough for now and I really don't wanna use the 14th on a tackle that will fall that far anyway. Several teams ahead of us are in a far more desperate need for a LT than we are for a RT.

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Ok, then they better find somebody that can play RG. Cause fug going into 2012 with Gross-Silatolu-Kalil-Hangartner-Bell. Our depth is G. Williams, Campbell, Ziemba, Byers, Austin, and Z. Williams (who hasn't been healthy in 2 years). You guys dismiss OL to quickly. A quality offensive line can fix a lot of issues.

there are more places to find OL than in the draft.

i'm sure that RG will be addressed in FA.

really, all that is needed is an upgrade at RG and for the OL to be healthy and get the OL gelling quicker than they have in previous years. and no more rookies on the OL, either.

the OL isn't in all that bad shape as long as we have kalil where he's supposed to be and a RG that isn't a scrub. the left side will be better with silatolu having a year under his belt and bell is still growing (tho he could be upgraded pretty easily and cheaply in FA and probably should be).

#38 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

I will continue to say OL in the first. But that's just my opinion.

just asking...have we met with are are we scheduled to meet with any OTs in the draft? i know we haven't/don't with OGs. pretty safe to say that OG won't be taken in the first. OT depends on how much they've looked at them.

#39 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm to the point that I don't care who is taken in the first as long as they are immediate starting and making an impact.

preferences aside, that's the mindset i've had for a few years.

#40 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

there are more places to find OL than in the draft.

i'm sure that RG will be addressed in FA.

really, all that is needed is an upgrade at RG and for the OL to be healthy and get the OL gelling quicker than they have in previous years. and no more rookies on the OL, either.

the OL isn't in all that bad shape as long as we have kalil where he's supposed to be and a RG that isn't a scrub. the left side will be better with silatolu having a year under his belt and bell is still growing (tho he could be upgraded pretty easily and cheaply in FA and probably should be).

Speaking of health, that's another thing Gentlemen needs to address. Our team seems to lack toughness. They should name the IR after the Panthers. Maybe that's because the guys knew they were safe with Hurney at the helm. Maybe it will be a thing of the past. Regardless, We need to draft some tough SOBs, no matter the position.

#41 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,174 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Speaking of health, that's another thing Gentlemen needs to address. Our team seems to lack toughness. They should name the IR after the Panthers. Maybe that's because the guys knew they were safe with Hurney at the helm. Maybe it will be a thing of the past. Regardless, We need to draft some tough SOBs, no matter the position.

If they can transport into my PS3 I can XP some toughness to their attributes in Madden 13..Brandon Hogan will always be able to run!!!!

#42 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Just think about it like this...

Replace Colbert, Jarrett, Marshall, Shelton, Ellison and the like from our blown second and third rounders under Hurney with an offensive lineman, and imagine how many quality starters you would still have.

#43 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

all these threads about how easy it is to find and develop OL are made pretty moot by the fact that our OL sucks. if it were that easy we'd have done it.

If we would've held on to all of our mid-to-late-round OL picks from all those years instead of trying to patchwork our line with quality backups from other teams, our OL wouldn't be this bad.

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

No to tavon. Need a big body guy

Big is overrated. We just need a tough guy with a big heart, no matter the size.

#45 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

You are 100% correct in OL being too low a priority on this board.

I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. Some people just believe that good to great offensive lineman have to be developed, and/or acquired through FA due to the somewhat perilous nature of drafting them with high picks---picks that could be used for genuine play-makers that are more likely to have a more immediate impact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com