Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Mathieu get it?

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='h0llywood' timestamp='1366826061' post='2205453']

Optimistic.

Give him a curfew. Ban him from all clubs. Take away Twitter. Force him to take piss tests once a week.
[/quote]

You should not have to play babysitter to a 23 year old you're paying millions to play a freaking game. I really don't think players like him fanthom that they are making more in 1-2 years playing a game ~16 days a year then some people will make in 25 years of working 40+ hours a week. If you have to hand hold someone through that opportunity, they are worthless, on and off the field.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='2jakefansinva' timestamp='1366826453' post='2205480']
that might work...........just don't think the union would go along with it.
[/quote]

Is he [i]really[/i] a good enough player to be worth that much effort?

Honestly, if I've gotta go to those kind of lengths just to keep him out of trouble, then by golly he'd better be a frigging superstar on the field.

Is Mathieu[i] that[/i] good?

Posted · Report post

[size=4]Remember Dez Bryant's curfew/restrictions?[/size]

[size=4][color=#3F3F3F][i]• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;[/i]
[i]• No drinking alcohol.[/i]
[i]• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.[/i]
[i]• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.[/i]
[i]• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.[/i]
[i]• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.[/i][/color][/size]

[color=#3F3F3F]Not saying that we are even going to get him, but if we do it will be a pain in the ass but you do what you can to bolster your areas of need (and we don't have a need for him). Everything except for providing him with security is ok with me[/color]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1366826804' post='2205498']
Is he [i]really[/i] a good enough player to be worth that much effort?

Honestly, if I've gotta go to those kind of lengths just to keep him out of trouble, then by golly he'd better be a frigging superstar on the field.

Is Mathieu[i] that[/i] good?
[/quote]

IMO........no!

I'm in the ......"a leopard doesn't change his spots" camp

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure he was stoned as hell when he decided to throw that party.

Posted · Report post

We're so drafting him y'all
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Janoris Jenkins of the 2013 draft, he will go where Janoris went number wise not team wise
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='h0llywood' timestamp='1366827072' post='2205507']
[size=4]Remember Dez Bryant's curfew/restrictions?[/size]

[size=4][color=#3F3F3F][i]• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;[/i]
[i]• No drinking alcohol.[/i]
[i]• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.[/i]
[i]• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.[/i]
[i]• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.[/i]
[i]• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.[/i][/color][/size]

[color=#3F3F3F]Not saying that we are even going to get him, but if we do it will be a pain in the ass but you do what you can to bolster your areas of need (and we don't have a need for him). Everything except for providing him with security is ok with me[/color]
[/quote]

Bryant has [i]still[/i] managed to cause distractions, even despite all that.

Posted · Report post

Mathieu now on Twitter saying he didn't approve the "First Round Draft Pick" part of the flier.

He is still, however, having an "after party" on Thursday Night.

Fan response :lol:

[quote]1st round is the only round tomorrow. Were you planning on having the after party before you were drafted?[/quote]

Posted · Report post

This is reminiscent of UNC WR Dwight Jones

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/1st-annual-dwight-jones-new-years-birthday-celebration-lands-jones-on-1st-annual-independence-bowl-suspension?urn=ncaaf,wp11801

Posted · Report post

I read a SI article in him and the guy is a mess. He struggles to get through the day w/o smoking. Pretty sad given what he gas to lose if he smokes. I think he is undraftable at this point

Posted · Report post

Shame, the guy has a lot of talent. I highly doubt he goes undrafted though.