288 replies to this topic

#121 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,463 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

DeAngelo has 1 more year max. Barner is a return man and a guy you can throw screens at. Oh and by the way this is the 6th round so even if we draft the guy you wanted it doesn't mean he's a starter or even makes the team. I don't get some of you.

#122 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Don't be surprise to see guys like Rambo, Rogers, Poyer, and Robert Lester not get drafted. Grab one of them as UDFA

Yep.

#123 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

SUMMARY - Kenjon Barner was a highly productive college back at Oregon and an intriguing NFL prospect because of his speed, vision and explosiveness, but he is not an every-down back because his deficiencies as a blocker and route runner. He displays impressive speed and a willingness to attack openings inside, and is a threat to clear homerun threat. While I like his patience and vision, when he doesn't have a lane he tends to wait too long to attack and must learn to take the one and two yard gains when he has to. He must give more consistent effort when it comes to his 3rd down skills, as he shies away from contact when asked to block and does not run crisp routes down-field. Barner will never be a physical inside runner capable of breaking tackles, but he would be a solid change of pace back for a team like Washington that runs a zone blocking scheme and already has a bruiser in place.

http://www.nationalf...ml&player=40460

I like the pick. He is a play maker. He is a change of pace back, can use him in the read option game, can use him on kick and punt returns, I like that.

#124 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Didn't we say this last year when we picked up Tolbert? Too many cooks in the kitchen.

You have forgotten Chud's determination to ignore the run game.

#125 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,386 posts

Hope he's better than LaMichael James has been for the 9ers.

#126 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

The fact that he put up ridiculous numbers at Oregon and the coach who knows him best in Chip Kelly hadn't snatched him up by now tells me what I need to know about his NFL prospects.

I think Kelly is pretty happy with Shady and Brown. Eagles have way more pressing needs than we do.

#127 JefDav84

JefDav84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Kenjon Barner = David Wilson

As a Hokie fan who watched Wilson through college, I agree and love the Pick. Same kind of player.

#128 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

At his pro day, his 40 time was 4.38... I don't know what you consider spectacular, but...

I just heard his combine time, someone said it was a 4.5, if he ran a 4.3 at his proday great but I hadn't seen/heard that time(granted i didn't look for it)

#129 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,220 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm less upset with the pick, and more with the fact we have all these RB's but Steve Smith is not getting younger.

#130 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

A guy that's 6'0" and 195 is hardly a replacement for DWill. This has special teams written all over it.

#131 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

The rage is very funny to me.

All these arm chair GM's watching youtube videos think they know more about football than a whole organization full of pro scouts, coaches, and evaluators. Even these guys know the draft isn't an exact science, and here you are making it out to be.

Seriously. I like debating football and all that, but calm down and breathe.

too many guys here raging that we didn't pick Rogers, Rambo etc. while no other team
has taken them to date so far.

There could be stuff we don't know about.

Also, this team hasn't had a winning season since 2008, and in it's entire history has never had back to back winning seasons.

I'm ready for a new approach.

#132 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,316 posts

I'm less upset with the pick, and more with the fact we have all these RB's but Steve Smith is not getting younger.

this is exactly how I feel about it. Granted, there wasn't a WR in the 5th or 6th round that could be considered a potential Smitty replacement, but Patton was pretty damn close.

#133 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

see we should have just got lattimore omfg

#134 iBBB

iBBB

no more maybe next year.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

im sure WR will be addressed next draft.

As for this draft, i absolutely love it.

Cant wait to see these rookies develop

#135 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,637 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Well, fans wanted sexy. They got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.