Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyB

if you're contemplating committing seppuku over our last two picks go ahead and do it because you're probably a terrible poster, but think about this:

AJ Klein and Kenjon Barner are both incredibly talented players at their respective positions who fell much farther in the draft than they were projected. But even that is secondary: both positions - linebacker and running back - are slots that we have massive amounts of cap space tied into. besides providing insurance for injuries at those positions, it also makes the following players expendable:

Jon Beason - cap hit $9,500,000

Deangelo Williams - cap hit $8,200,000

I recognize that cutting those guys off the bat wouldn't mean getting every dime of that space back, but that's $17.7 million in cap space negated by guys who can do their job for years on low-round rookie contracts.

17.7 million/year sounds like a nice salary for cam newton.

for the rest of you, here's a guide on hara-kari. don't forget your kaishaku, they come in handy.

So you're telling me AJ fuging Klein is going to replace Jon Beason? Well if so I hope Ron Rivera updates his resume. Cause his ass is gone.

I think he can.

Beason is a shell of his former self. Injury plagued, possibly lazy, and maybe even undetermined now that he finally get his large contract. there was a time when Beason was a god on the football field. Luke Kuechly is now that player.

So you're telling me AJ fuging Klein is going to replace Jon Beason? Well if so I hope Ron Rivera updates his resume. Cause his ass is gone.

i don't know about you but i don't want 10m a year tied up into an injury-prone OLB.

Philly, I agree about DWill, but I can't see Klein making Beason expendable, at least not this year. Although, Kiper and McShay both said he will compete for a starting position down the road.

I personally like the 5th & 6th rounders.

I just hope Shula can utilize our RBs better than Chud did.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    alcmike