Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Thank You Geno!

Best Answer RelaxImaPro, 01 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I like Geno. I think he will be a pretty good QB. But I'm thankful that he will take away a lot of the media crap from Cam.

Yeah, can't argue with that logic.  "Better you than me" or so they say... but I'm sure the media can find a way to spread out their weekly quota of undeserved hate among the chosen few QBs.

I can't form an opinion on Geno without him actually giving me a reason not to like him. We all know how the media can spin things to their liking, hell Cam is our QB for God's sake. Casting stones at the kid now would pretty any of us that's defended Cam hypocrites... we don't know why he fired his agent.

For what it's worth, I think Jay Cutler and Tony Romo catch a lot of undeserved crap too, but I still hate the Cowboys and Bears.

Glad you quoted me so I could fix that gem of a line.  Lol, I must've derped the fug out when I typed that.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,781 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

what is geno doing that suggests he's a petulant child?

#17 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

what is geno doing that suggests he's a petulant child?

It might be the gold chains, gold rimmed sunglasses he wore and his pouty mood when he wasn't selected in the first round. Apparently fired his agent over it.

But i would be upset to if i listened to all the pundits saying i could be picked as high as second overall and dropped to the third round.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,781 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

gotcha. I didn't know if he'd griped about getting selected by the jets or something.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

The Jets are a mess.

They are big time. I have some friends that are Jets fans and it is going to be an extremely long year for them. Personally, I love it. 

#20 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I personally hate all the attention how these kids act gets. If someone had followed me around with a microphone when I was in college there would be an archive of dumb / self-absorbed / ridiculous crap for them to analyze. Thank God twitter wasn't a thing yet.

Exactly. If twitter were around in the 80's Jim McMahon would likely be banned from football.

#21 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Sounds as dumb as Barkley's whine after the draft-

"I'm going to remember this weekend for a long time and so are the teams that didn’t draft me,” Barkley said ..."

#22 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

"I'm going to remember this weekend for a long time and so are the teams that didn’t draft me,” Barkley said ..."

Maybe I missed something outside of the actual words quoted, but that sounds like every athlete ever to get passed over.

#23 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

I can't form an opinion on Geno without him actually giving me a reason not to like him.  We all know how the media can spin things to their liking, hell Cam is our QB for God's sake.  Casting stones at the kid now would be pretty hypocritical for any of us that's defended Cam... we don't know why he fired his agent.

For what it's worth, I think Jay Cutler and Tony Romo catch a lot of undeserved crap too, but I still hate the Cowboys and Bears.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

He's just trying to be Peyton and Brady. Too bad he's nothing close to the talents they are.

Mayock gave a little input to him and the rest of the rookies to quit posting crap up on twitter.

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

I can't form an opinion on Geno without him actually giving me a reason not to like him. We all know how the media can spin things to their liking, hell Cam is our QB for God's sake. Casting stones at the kid now would pretty any of us that's defended Cam hypocrites... we don't know why he fired his agent.

I like Geno. I think he will be a pretty good QB. But I'm thankful that he will take away a lot of the media crap from Cam.

#26 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Geno couldnt have landed in a worse spot.  All the media coverage in NYC and playing in a open field stadium in the Northeast. 

#27 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:33 PM   Best Answer

Yeah, can't argue with that logic.  "Better you than me" or so they say... but I'm sure the media can find a way to spread out their weekly quota of undeserved hate among the chosen few QBs.

Glad you quoted me so I could fix that gem of a line.  Lol, I must've derped the fug out when I typed that.

#28 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Looking more and more like Geno Smith is a fug up who doesn't get it.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, can't argue with that logic. "Better you than me" or so they say... but I'm sure the media can find a way to spread out their weekly quota of undeserved hate among the chosen few QBs.

Glad you quoted me so I could fix that gem of a line. Lol, I must've derped the fug out when I typed that.

The only way for a bully to quit bullying someone is if they find someone new to bully.

#30 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Looking more and more like Geno Smith is a fug up who doesn't get it.

He gets it but he will have to grow a thicker shell.  If he does that he can succeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com