41 replies to this topic

#1 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,684 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm getting married next June and just starting to look at honeymoon destinations.  I'm thinking we are going for the more "relaxing on the beach" vibe as opposed to an all-out adventure style honeymoon.  Probably looking to spend around $3k.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the options and am looking for any advice from those with experience.

Some places I want to look into are Negril, Bermuda, Dominican.  I definitely want to avoid Mexico.  I'm a little paranoid about getting in the middle of a cartel shootout.

#2 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

The coastal towns of Mexico (Cancun, Cozumel) are still very safe. At least I hope they are because I am going there in a couple months.

#3 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,855 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Sandals all inclusive.

#4 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

I urge you to reconsider on mexico... well-priced and as long as you don't go venturing on your own away from the resort areas, no one is getting kidnapped.

#5 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Mayan Riviera for sure...incredible beaches, fantastic service...great bang for your buck

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,985 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

if you could do it, Valencia or any where on the coast of Spain or France. God I wish i were there RIGHT now.

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sandals all inclusive.

This.

My wife and I had our honeymoon at Sandals Negril. It was incredible.

Everyone there was couples (no singles allowed at Sandals) and about 75% of the people were on their honeymoon.

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

The coastal towns of Mexico (Cancun, Cozumel) are still very safe. At least I hope they are because I am going there in a couple months.

Cozumel is great for scuba diving. But I would not go if I did not dive. Beaches are iffy...most are rocky as the reef is do close to the shore.

#9 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I need a pic of the fiance' to properly add suggestions.

*fap*

#10 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,148 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

You seem more like a Gatlinburg honeymoon type of guy.

#11 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Cozumel is great for scuba diving. But I would not go if I did not dive. Beaches are iffy...most are Ricky as the reef is do close to the shore.

I've been 3 times and love Mexico. I agree that the beaches aren't that great but I just like to go to the resort and lay by the pool and drink the day away.

The trip me and my GF are going on (Playa del Carmen) was only $600 a person for 5 nights and that is all inclusive with nonstop airfare out of Charlotte. It's hard to find the flight alone for that price. Mexico is just so d*mn cheap and they treat you like gold down there.

#12 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Aruba is my favorite place I have ever been. Absolutely loved it there and teared up when it was time to leave.

#13 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Aruba is my favorite place I have ever been. Absolutely loved it there and teared up when it was time to leave.

Everyone who goes to Aruba seems to absolutely love it (well, except for Natalie Holloway). I really need to plan a trip there one day.  

#14 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

I've been 3 times and love Mexico. I agree that the beaches aren't that great but I just like to go to the resort and lay by the pool and drink the day away.

The trip me and my GF are going on (Playa del Carmen) was only $600 a person for 5 nights and that is all inclusive with nonstop airfare out of Charlotte. It's hard to find the flight alone for that price. Mexico is just so d*mn cheap and they treat you like gold down there.

I usually go to Cozumel once a year with a few buddies...week long dive vacation without the wives.

Stay at Fiesta Americana and dive 15-20 times during the week.

Morning dives....twilight dives....night dives.

Nothing better than diving in the pitch black ocean at night with nothing but a flashlight.....intense

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

I have heard it is fantastic....definitely in my list if places to vacation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com