• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Was a big deal around here when Peppers "disappeared".

Should CJ not get held to a comparable standard?

That was CJ's second season into a mega deal...devote that much to one guy and I would think it matters more than a reasonably paid person

Big difference in the way they had no production games.  CJ is a coin toss, if he's getting sacks, he's getting sacks - doesn't matter who the opponent is.   CJ (Hardy too) also generate a ton of pressure even if they arent getting sacks (think of our first saints game last year, we hardly could sack brees caz of his stupid release and that dink n dunk offense they run, but we made his life hell and forced many bad decisions).

Peppers on the other hand was completely predictable.  Playing the lions?  Pepp will drop 3 sacks and a FF, maybe a tackle for loss or two.  Playing the Patriots?  Zilch.

Pepp constantly demolished poor teams and never seemed to do much when playing good teams.

#17 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Even special teams should be exciting. Even if we get nothing out of barner ginn is always a threat to take it to the house.

#18 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,050 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I can't believe anyone could complain about a double digit sack season along with good run defense and almost no interior pressure. Peppers wasn't playing alongside the likes of Fua.

#19 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,390 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Love seeing Cam eluding pass rushers, steppibg and standing tall in the pocket, with hus rocket arm.
I love watching Stewart run over and through people even though he's shifty enough he doesn't have to.
I love watcgung tolbert bowl people over.
I love watching steve smith be steve smith.
I love watching Olsen make catches look easy.
I love watching lafell make clutch catches, and occasionally getting behind his defender with his sneaky speed.
that's just on offense. The defense is even more fun to watch.

#20 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hardy, CJ and Luke

Nobody about the offense excites me

This sounds like a personal problem to me and a good example for the need to down-grade some posts until they fall off the board completely.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

CJ slumped? Yeah, sack numbers are the be all end all, mmhmm. CJ played great, as did Hardy, no idea what sport ya'll are watching.

I don't think CJ played great in 2012. He wasn't consistant enough. It was a Peppers like season....huge one week, nowhere 2 weeks after.

#22 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,164 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

tcnAc.gif

#23 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,050 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't think CJ played great in 2012. He wasn't consistant enough. It was a Peppers like season....huge one week, nowhere 2 weeks after.

Sacks are, by their very nature, an inconsistent stat. But if you look at his game-by-game log of total pressures you would see he was in fact quite consistent at wreaking havoc. PFF has him graded positively in pass rush for 14 out of 16 weeks, and with multiple QB hurries in 12 of 16 weeks.

#24 kls11310

kls11310

Cam2SmittyAllDay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Excited to see Luke roam free, excited to see Cam pull off some amazing stuff when the play breaks down, and excited to watch our run game become what it can be....love me some Tolbert screens

#25 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Anyone  who can't be excited about  this team is clinically depressed.  We have more talent on this team than we have had on any team since 2003.  CJ is a stud and frankly had a great year  last year. He was solid against the pass and the run.  The lack of inside rush or run defense made it much easier for teams to double team him or send a TE or running back to chip him. In spite of that he had 12.5 sacks.  In the past 3 years he has had a total of 33 sacks.  In Peppers 3 best years for us he had  a total of 34.5.  And that was with better interior linemen than Johnson has had and a better opposite DE with the lone exception of Hardy one year  in 2012.

#26 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,697 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

WTF is this thread really about? A hoopty hydroplaning off a pothole-filled back road in the sticks?

Oh, OK. Another understated poo on Pep thread, but this time with a CJ twist. How exciting.

#27 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226

#28 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

If that's all you are excited about maybe it's time you find a new team.

We have two new young DTs

Cam coming of the best first two seasons as a qb in nfl history

Beason coming back

Shula taking over as OC

Chud is gone

A new return man in Ted Ginn something we have been lacking for some time.

Josh Norman's progression

Armanti might finally be getting it

Amini's second season

Chud is gone

Ron Rivera's growth as a coach

Gettleman managing the team for his first season

Chud is gone

I mean there is a lot to be excited about with this football team other than Luke, CJ, and Hardy.

#29 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Seriously?

#30 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

I said I'm excited by 3 players

Key word players

And CJ had the most sacks in his career, and produced an amazing 7 forced fumbles. Has Pep ever produced 7 forced fumbles?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.