Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guard depth (sweet mother of Moses)

61 posts in this topic

Posted

There just no way a d2 guy is gonna come in and hold up. His body isnt ready, he doesnt know the playbook yet, never played with the guys before much less anything close to this level. He needs a year to adapt. What Amini did last year is nothing short of beastly and should not be expected of Kugbilla. We need a vet now.

I'm sorry but Amini was garbage last year, albeit improved towards the end.

Posted

I'm sorry but Amini was garbage last year, albeit improved towards the end.

I think that was his point, that even sucking as bad as he did, was a phenomenal achievement for a d2 guard.
2 people like this

Posted

Whatever happened to Brandon Moore? Very solid veteran. 

Posted

There is some vet depth available out there.

Worth remembering that every season sees teams wait until after week one to sign veteran players because they don't have to guarantee contracts then.

Posted

We are now 13 mil below the cap.

I have been out--does this factor in Beason's new deal?

Posted

Pretty sure it does.

My memory may be flawed, but I'm drawing a blank on when we last had that much cap space.  My sense is that it's been a while.

Posted

I think that was his point, that even sucking as bad as he did, was a phenomenal achievement for a d2 guard.

me taking a dump is a phenomenal achievement too, but doesn't mean i'm good in the NFL.

Posted

Yes.

Posted

me taking a dump is a phenomenal achievement too, but doesn't mean i'm good in the NFL.

I don't think you're understanding. He did play poorly, but the fact that he wasn't an absolute all out train wreck last year comin from a d2 school an going straight to starter is a miracle.

Posted

Those dumps you take have more substance than the posts you make on these boards.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no reason he couldn't play to Amini's level. I certainly don't want to rely on both of those young guys at the same time though.

agreed. and remember kugbila actually has experience playing gaurd. silatolu didn't.

Posted

It seems like most people put down Kugbila automatically because he came from D-II school.  

Unlike Silatolu he is not changing position,  he is playing in a offensive  scheme that plays to his strength, he has the athleticism & body build to play his position, and last he was taken in a earlier round than he was projected by a team that desperately needed a RG . I'm going to keep my faith in the coaches and the front office about what they see in Kugbila.

1 person likes this