Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More fuel to the fire: Juror says Zimmerman got away with murder

107 posts in this topic

Posted

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty," said the 36-year-old woman, a nursing assistant and mother of eight. "But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

She said there wasn’t enough proof under Florida law to convict Zimmerman.

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," the juror said. "[but] the law couldn't prove it.”

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-zimmerman-juror-trayvon-martin-mother-20130725,0,5505677.story

Really thinking that the prosecution may have messed up going for second degree murder.  Still not sure how this wasn't manslaughter at least; maybe if the prosecution had tried to push for that it woulda happened.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah I said before that the Florida DA's need to be examined.

Posted

Pretty much the even handed view of this is manslaughter. Now proving GZ was racist? Maybe John Edwards the psychic can find out for us.

1 person likes this

Posted

I kinda wish the juror's would stop making comments like they're speaking for the entire jury. Maybe the whole jury did feel like he was getting away with murder, but I definitely wouldn't want someone speaking for me in the press even if I shared the same opinion.

Posted

Of course he got away with murder. But by law he did nothing wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm, this juror says GZ will have to answer to God for his actions.

But didn't GZ just say it was God's plan all along for him to kill TM?

Which is it?

Was GZ preordained to kill TM or did he have free will and take a life without cause?

Does any of this even matter?

Won't God just forgive GZ for killing TM like it never happened?

Posted

This womans full of it. How she can say he got away with murder while she was on the jury, is stupid. She just wants to avoid being drawn into public scrutiny. What a coward. The ramseys,now they got away with murder.

Sent from my ADR910L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Oh that pesky law that says you let people get away with murder despite that you think he did it.

Posted

The main stream media just will not let this story go away.

They want racial division. Divide and conquer.

Posted

I hate it when people say THE JURY HAS TO ONLY GO BUY THE LETTER OF THE LAW. That is a gross misinterpretation of our legal system. If all that was required was an interpretation of his actions as it pertains to the letter of law, then Judges would be all that was required in court. But that is not our system. Juries are there to interpret the SPIRIT of the law and apply social accountability to actions, including those that are legally ambiguous.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate it when people say THE JURY HAS TO ONLY GO BUY THE LETTER OF THE LAW. That is a gross misinterpretation of our legal system. If all that was required was an interpretation of his actions as it pertains to the letter of law, then Judges would be all that was required in court. But that is not our system. Juries are there to interpret the SPIRIT of the law and apply social accountability to actions, including those that are legally ambiguous.

but, if the evidence does not support what you "think likely happened" you cannot find them guilty.

interpreting an ambiguous law is one thing.  But, substituting your opinion or what you "think" happened is compeltely antother.

This juror is saying what most thought.  That GZ's actions did lead to the situation.  But, based on the law and the evidence (or lack there of) a guilty verdict was never going to happen.

It is not about what you know or think.....it is about what you can PROVE.

The prosecution could not prove anything about what happened....there just was not the evidence.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait until you see the full video of this interview.  ABC was the group that played the grainy video of his arrival to the police station in an effort to show there was no injuries, but when the higher resolution video came out it showed a different story.  ABC much like NBC needed this to be the next Duke lacrosse case...as did Sharpton.  Shame it's gone on this far about an incident that didn't need to happen.