Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Brandon Williams #2 TE?

111 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I wanna see him reps with the ones to be fully sold. I'm interested though

Posted · Report post

"Williams said he's been following his doctor's orders to continue strengthening his neck, which is only a little thicker than his biceps."

Some of us on this board have the same problem, except our biceps are only about 8 inches . . .

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He is going to be given every opportunity to be our #2 TE and I hope he seizes it. We need this monster on the football field. He will scare the hell out of some defenses

Posted · Report post

Pretty excited to see if this translates to the field...a lot of people says preseason doesn't matter but it will show whether he is a workout warrior/practice player or if he can do it in the game.

I hope he can...from the looks of the video he doesn't seem to have an issue catching passes in traffic or while getting hit.

Excited to see Barner too...should get to see plenty of both of them in preseason.

Posted · Report post

This guy has been so good at TC that a lot of you have finally found it in you to move on from Gary Barnidge.

POWERFUL!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I been on this wagon since the signing. Lets hope we give him the chance to be man. I see him beating up on backups like senn. Let's see him versus luke or TD.

Posted · Report post

What are those 4 huge lumps on his stomach?

I was so happy that he had signed my poster that I did not notice his stomach. Let me go do another head count  to make sure that I did return home with both my kids. One of those lumps has the same shape as the 11 year old's head.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

We need him for real. Hartsock is a great blocker but not too big in the receiving game. This is a passing league and Cam thrived in the 2 TE offense.

Posted · Report post

Wasnt he somewhat of a rising prospect before he got injured at Oregon? Not too sure but I vaguely remember reading that he was.

Posted · Report post

I'm on the bandwagon on this guy holy shit if he can catch he could easily be out #2 if he has the measurable a to be a monster and as a junior had the production in college.

Posted · Report post

Damn we need to register those cannons with the department of defense.  Good Lord.

OK I recant my statement saying Hartsock was a lock.  Especially since they let Rosario go.  It must have been obvious that Rosario was no competition for Williams.  That said.  Good Luck Zack your next.

Posted · Report post

Hell, if we end up keeping 3 TEs, I'd love for them to be Olsen, Williams, and Pianalto.  Sorry, Hartsock is just a blocker.  So is Brockel for that matter, though I could see Brockel sticking as a FB if we end up keeping 5 backs.  However, I expect us to only keep 2 TEs and then keep Brockel because he can play both FB and TE.  If we only keep 2 TEs, I'm really rooting for Williams.  He has the tools to be special.  As much as I love Pianalto, he just doesn't have the same type of physical tools.  Good player, just athletically limited at the NFL level.