Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting tidbit on Beason's restructure...FA at end of the Season?

120 posts in this topic

Posted

If those numbers are correct we can still spread Beason and Gross over 2 years if they are Jun 1st cuts making it closer to 6.8 million next year.

Not if its in the contract to cut him earlier.

Posted

I just got a glance at the details of the contract Carolina Panthers linebacker Jon Beason restructured earlier this week.

It’s pretty simple. Beason took a significant pay cut and didn’t recoup any of it with up front money.

Under the new deal, Beason’s base salary for this year dropped from $5.25 million to $1 million, which is fully guaranteed. That drops Beason’s cap figure for this year from $9.5 million to $6.1 million. Beason can recoup $1.75 million if he is active for all 16 games.

The rest of Beason’s contract, which runs through 2016, remained untouched. That means there’s a good chance Beason will have to restructure again next year because his 2014 cap figure is $10.75 million.

The Panthers now are $12.8 million under this year’s cap.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcsouth&id=49313

Posted

If it's true then it's just the nature of the game. Even if Beason plays amazing we have to think about the future of the franchise. If Gettis, LaFell, hell even Armanti become impact players then we need to resign those guys. Not to mention Greg Hardy. Beason has become a luxury and not a necessity. And I say that as one of his biggest fans. 

Posted

So what is the truth here? Getting confusing.

Posted

Gettleman's cleaning up of troublesome contracts has been impressive.

I love me some Beason, but the situation has changed drastically from when he first signed his deal.

In a perfect world he could return at a reduced rate, but I understand doing what's best for you as a player.

Also, Rivera if is gone....he could pretty much trash Hurney's entire roster and start from scratch. Coaches and players.

Posted

Also, Rivera if is gone....he could pretty much trash Hurney's entire roster and start from scratch. Coaches and players.

but what would be the point of trashing all of hurney's players when there are some good ones. do you mean like Cam and Luke too?

Posted

but what would be the point of trashing all of hurney's players when there are some good ones. do you mean like Cam and Luke too?

Beason, Godfrey, double trouble and CJ would allow for cap space and a fresh start with a new regime.

Posted

some may be long in the tooth, some may not be ideal for the new direction, etc.    There of course would be some that survived and he wanted but Dave is setting a nice table for IF it came to that...

Cam and Luke are rookie contact guys...so he isn't tied down to them.  I would hope he keeps them.  NFL history supports a new HC would be bad for Cam.

Posted

Honestly I trust the Cap guy from Twitter more than Pat Y.

Posted

Beason, Godfrey, double trouble and CJ would allow for cap space and a fresh start with a new regime.

i'd only have a problem with CJ. but i realize his cap is ridiculous.

i just thought he meant EVERYBODY.

Posted

some may be long in the tooth, some may not be ideal for the new direction, etc.    There of course would be some that survived and he wanted but Dave is setting a nice table for IF it came to that...

Cam and Luke are rookie contact guys...so he isn't tied down to them.  I would hope he keeps them.  NFL history supports a new HC would be bad for Cam.

i just don't get how any rational GM would not keep at the VERY least Cam and Luke. that makes absolutely no sense to me if this actually happened.

Cause i think about the Colts and what they did, they just kept Wayne. I can't think of anybody else. But they didn't have a franchises at both D and O.

Posted

Gettleman wouldn't let Cam go, because Richardson wouldn't let me let Cam go.

1 person likes this