Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Why do we have lack of "difference maker" talent at select areas? Lets look.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#97 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

I've seen you argue this point with a hundred people and am not going to get into it with you. Just a difference in approach. I'd operate from the belief that a few additional pieces could make us successful and ensure his stated commitment to stay, rather than operate out of the fear that we're terrible and make him wanna leave. Just my approach.

DE is a position worth paying for. If Alexander steps up then you make a decision on what to do with Hardy or Johnson based on their respective play. Not a decision that can be made right now.

All comes down to money....good deals mean you can build a well rounded team.

That is Carolina's issue. Bad deals means lots of holes filled by players who shouldn't be starting.

DE is a position worth paying....but a well rounded unit is better than being impressive at one spot. We need serious on investing into our secondary if we are ever going to have a good D.....our good D last year was smoke and mirrors and we ended up with a good yardage stat.

Cam Newton is a once in a 25 year type player....he needs an extension.

#98 cranky

cranky

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

If Edwards, Hardy and Gettis all play/contribute this year and the Panthers go to the playoffs, I fully expect to see a similar post praising Hurney for his draft choices. After all, the "core" of the team this year are Hurney's guys.

#99 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

We don't need to sign Cam to a long term deal after this season.  We will pay him the same now or a year from now. Look at Romo for example despite his lack of success in the playoffs he still got a boatload of money and so will Cam.  I can't think of a single quarterback that was in his prime that jumped to another team without being traded.  It doesn't happen.

Wait and see.  Gettleman is in no hurry to sign Newton to a long term deal.  He is under contract through 2014 and has a fifth year option for 2015.  Only a fool would sign him now when there is virtually no advantage to doing so.  Again, he will get a boat load now or later.  As long as franchise quarterbacks are scarce, they will get premium dollars.