Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Person speculates on the RB situation

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Person speculating...

'Nuff said

Hence the title.

I dislike threads where someone says "the Panthers are going to do (this)" when in reality it's only someone's speculation about what they might do.

Posted

DeAngelo being used as a feature back when Stew is out?

In other news, the Pope is Catholic.

Sent from my SGH-T999

1 person likes this

Posted

He should be the feature back with stew out.

Once Tolbert is back healthy, ya sprinkle in a bit of the bowling ball.

Posted

(and to be clear, Stewart coming back this season is not something I'm taking as a given) :(

You shouldn't even take it as a possibility.

Posted

WHERE IS TOLBERT???

Posted

I would like to see Tolbert get the first carries during the game to soften up the defense...he is good catcher from the backfield and usually gets positive yards after contact.... We need a RB who can get 3-4 YPC  consistently  that can give rhythm to the offense......   having 2nd & 6  instead of  2nd & 11 is going to make the game more manageable for Cam.

Posted

You don't tend to breakout 5 years after your breakout year...

Yeah.....well maybe it's because I go to the same YMCA as him....but I feel it! lol

Posted

DW will get the bulk of the carries unless Tolbert starts having more production. Stew could be done and I hope Barner steps up.

Posted

DWill will get an incredible amount of carries. The other guys not named Tolbert, will come in simply to give him a breather. Tolbert (whom i'd love to see split with DWill like JStew), will simply not be in good enough "football shape"to do so, probably until the time JStew returns.

1 person likes this

Posted

Play Tolbert as the #1 back.

1 person likes this

Posted

What would happen if Williams doesn't make the 2nd cut

Posted

I expect to see a Steve Smithesque jump start to take place. As much as some of you guys hate on him he was one or two games away from breaking 1,000 yards and would have as the feature back. We will see if he runs like someone who has been used as a feature back for 8 seasons or if all those years of splitting carries really did what we all speculated and preserved his youth.

I'm thinking we should put more stock into the offensive line than how Dwill looks. I like his burst and will to get those extra yards that he didn't have. Personally, he's a jokester with a lot to prove and believe he will come out running the hardest we've ever seen. How that translates depends on our blocking.