Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgrades....where, who, how?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Chris Scott and Danny Watkins would both be worth a look at RG...haven't seen much at any other positions that are much of an upgrade.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't we already have Chris Scott??

Posted

I'd personally want to bring in Fernando Velecso recently cut from the Titans and release Brian Folkerts. Not sure if we could practice squad him but either way I think he'd be a solid upgrade at backup RG and if Amini misses much time we should be good. I know he's a center naturally...and also he's probably going to a more center needy team....but he's versatile enough to play guard as well. Just my two cents.

Posted

It will be interesting to see what if anything G-Man does to upgrade our roster.This was his area of expertise in NY.From who I have seen cut we could upgrade TE/FB, OL,  secondary and maybe a ST ace with the 6th WR position

Posted

I think Marvin would be a perfect fit for us & our DT rotation. He didn't play his senior year got hurt his rookie yr now he's healthy hungry & has plenty of talent.

Remember we use Hardy inside on some passing downs

Posted

Just my two cents but Max Starks was a pretty good lineman. If I've heard of him, them then he must have made an impression. I'm pretty sure he was with a team before San Diego. I know he's listed as a T and we need a guard, but if there's talent there, he might be worth a look. Right now we are hurting at OL. A serviceable vet would be an upgrade over some of the depth we currently hold.

I'm assuming we will sign a WR. It's pretty unconventional to go into the season with only 5. An injury to anyone at the position would cause a serious strain. It is a very vulnerable position injury wise, plus we need our #3 guy to do double duty in the return game.

I'm not really sold on Armond Smith. I thought Poole was more talented. But what do I know? I'm not the coach. Is there a better option after cuts?

Posted

Just my two cents but Max Starks was a pretty good lineman. If I've heard of him, them then he must have made an impression. I'm pretty sure he was with a team before San Diego. I know he's listed as a T and we need a guard, but if there's talent there, he might be worth a look. Right now we are hurting at OL. A serviceable vet would be an upgrade over some of the depth we currently hold.

I'm assuming we will sign a WR. It's pretty unconventional to go into the season with only 5. An injury to anyone at the position would cause a serious strain. It is a very vulnerable position injury wise, plus we need our #3 guy to do double duty in the return game.

I'm not really sold on Armond Smith. I thought Poole was more talented. But what do I know? I'm not the coach. Is there a better option after cuts?

I think keeping Armond has to do with him playing special teams.

1 person likes this

Posted

Star, Dwan, Short and Cole...and you still see that as a 'need' position? :blink:

Not dead sold on all the others either, but DT is the most obvious.

Dwan is 32, he is still playing well but i would still sign Jaye Howard.

Howard should be both cheap and good.

To give you an idea about Howard look at this thread.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71688

btw Howard was my 5th pick and the Seahawks selected him with their 4th.

Edit: Howard will be the perfect backup for a starting Short...

Posted

If we're going to make any moves I'd prefer it be at positions of need, not at DT.

We have Edwards' replacement in Shoft.

What we need is RG, S.

Posted

Id like to giv Dwyer a shot. Drop Smith. Dwyer dropped some weight this off-season. That was my concern with him. (Maybe to big) I think he could be productive.

Posted

I can't think of a single reason why they would be interested in Austin.

Posted

We could get veteran bandaids but we would have to cut some young players to make room for them

this is the part that most on here forget about.

and it is a HUGE part of the equation.