Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dee Milliner benched during TNF (Panthers related)

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Mocking drafts are fun, but rarely does anyone know anything. Myself included :-)

Posted

The thing is, because of his rookie season and because he's the QB, people always talk about Cam. I think about our defense and how if we can acquire (draft or FA) some good DB's it could be the best in football. I don't need Cam to become the best of all time. With the potential of this defense, he can continue to be a natural playmaker and I think we can win titles without him having to put the team on his back, which is what he's been used to doing since high school.

Well, I'd rather Cam be a QB that can win by putting the team on his back, that's what ultimately leads to long-term success. A top defense might last a few years, be up and down a bit b/c you need so many pieces to fit together. A top QB can keep you on top for a decade.

Posted

So what you're saying, is it's a damn good thing we don't let Monsta draft for us? ;)

2 people like this

Posted

So what you're saying, is it's a damn good thing we don't let Monsta draft for us? ;)

Wouldn't let me either :lol:

I'll stack my football knowledge up against anyone's but I've whiffed badly on the last two Panther drafts.

1 person likes this

Posted

If I drafted for us the past ten years we'd have the likes of Erasmus James, Rashaun Woods, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Meriweather, Derrick Harvey, Ziggy Hood, Sergio Kindle, Marcell Dareus or Patrick Peterson, Michael Brockers, and Chance Warmack.

I implore all of you to take a good, long look at that list of names and see the kind of trouble this franchise could really be in. I mean, holy motherfuging poo am I consistently awful. I should get some sort of award.

Posted

To be honest, the worst first rounder we have picked in the past 11 years was Chris Gamble, and Gamble had a great career here.

Julius Peppers

Jordan Gross

Chris Gamble

Thomas Davis

Deangelo WIlliams

Jon Beason

Jonathan Stewart

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Star Lotulelei 

Please find me a better list.

1 person likes this

Posted

To be honest, the worst first rounder we have picked in the past 11 years was Chris Gamble, and Gamble had a great career here.

Julius Peppers

Jordan Gross

Chris Gamble

Thomas Davis

Deangelo WIlliams

Jon Beason

Jonathan Stewart

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Star Lotulelei

Early...Gamble may end up a better one than Stewart

Posted

I'm confused, are you knocking Richardson or praising him? Also how would it of been possible to end up with Star and Sheldon??

Kinda both.

Richardson can't hold the point of attack well, shed bigger blockers, and split double teams. Sheldon getting washed out of plays is worrying to be honest. It's why I prefer Star 10x out of 10. Richardson can't impact a D-Line like Lotulelei can.

Posted

Julius Peppers

Jordan Gross

Chris Gamble

Thomas Davis

Deangelo WIlliams

Jon Beason

Jonathan Stewart

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Star Lotulelei 

Have to count Everette Brown and Jeff Otah in this as we trade a first round pick to pick them up in the first round.  So Brown would be worst followed by Otah.

Posted

I think he's playing like one of the best right now. But maybe that's because his supporting cast is pretty damn good too.

Plays week 1= GOAT lol

He rag-dolled max unger and iirc fua had the same guys around him and played like garbage

1 person likes this

Posted

Julius Peppers

Jordan Gross

Chris Gamble

Thomas Davis

Deangelo WIlliams

Jon Beason

Jonathan Stewart

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Star Lotulelei

You forgot big boy Otah...he would be the worst :(

Edit: someone beat me to it...but I thought we used a 2nd on Everette (but gave up the following year's first) while Otah was actually picked in the 1st.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have to count Everette Brown and Jeff Otah in this as we trade a first round pick to pick them up in the first round.  So Brown would be worst followed by Otah.

I'm not sure if I missed Otah or my mind just wanted to avoid his name..