Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We should rename this the Debbie Downer board

82 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

what you're ready for and what is likely to happen are 2 different things.. I get no joy out of pretending like this season will be any different.

Meh, I watch football and follow it as a break from "reality". It is suppose to be fun. We are still in a window to be optimistic regardless of what the past says is likely to happen.

One team will be 1-2 at BOA on Sunday.

Posted · Report post

you know shit is fucked if CRA makes a thread like this

9 people like this

Posted · Report post

Newton seems like he is being held back to me. We don't use him as the dynamic players that he is. Managing the game isn't what Cam is about. 

I've noticed that we ran the ball a ton against the hawks, but not nearly as often against the bills. that degree of fluctuation tells me Shula is in over his head and doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. 

"Oh no! they think I'm too conservative! I gotta pass the ball a ton to prove I'm not!" 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sure lets rename the team to The Pitiful Panthers while we're at it.

Whatever makes you feel better bro.

Posted · Report post

CRA, you by far the most hypocritical person I have ever (theoretically) met.

Eh, I have a lot of big picture things about this organization I don't like.

Doesn't mean I don't think we can win games....it just makes it harder.

I mean me going on about Gettlemen sitting on his hands ignoring our OL for example bc he isn't going invest in a hotseat coach.....doesn't mean I don't believe our talent can overcome it.

If Ron earns his job DG will then invest. Cam I think is special enough he could do it if the ball starts rolling for him

Posted · Report post

Meh, I watch football and follow it as a break from "reality". It is suppose to be fun. We are still in a window to be optimistic regardless of what the past says is likely to happen.

One team will be 1-2 at BOA on Sunday.

reality isn't so bad that I have to fabricate optimism when it's blatantly clear this season isn't going to turn out very well.  The only thing I hope is that I'm wrong, however, we'll see as the season progresses.  Despite saying the past isn't likely to speak towards the future, I'll venture to say in this case, it says everything about the future when the present looks exactly (if not worse) than the past.

Giants 1-2...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Newton seems like he is being held back to me. We don't use him as the dynamic players that he is. Managing the game isn't what Cam is about.

I've noticed that we ran the ball a ton against the hawks, but not nearly as often against the bills. that degree of fluctuation tells me Shula is in over his head and doesn't know what the fug he's doing.

"Oh no! they think I'm too conservative! I gotta pass the ball a ton to prove I'm not!"

Newton wasn't used as a game manager last week.

It is what it is at the end....RR is a conservative coach and plays the traditional calls. Leading up to it....Cam wasn't a game manager.

Shula has to find his happy spot in all of it. It takes time. He certainly looks to be searching which IMO is what should be happening.

Posted · Report post

I've noticed that we ran the ball a ton against the hawks, but not nearly as often against the bills. that degree of fluctuation tells me Shula is in over his head and doesn't know what the fug he's doing. 

No...it tells you that he understands the strengths and weaknesses of his oppponent, and it trying to exploit it.

The Seahawks have one of the best secondaries in football and were without two of their starting DLinemen.  Based on that info, featuring the running game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

On the flip side, the Bills were without two of their starting DB's.  Based on that info, featuring the passing game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

Problem is....the offense did not execure.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Problem is....the offense did not execure.

well it kind of did with 23 points on the board.

Posted · Report post

Tell you what..let this team actually do something and maybe we stll have some. optimism. It's been years since we all could feel confident about this team at all.Untill they win consistently ,it's all just pissing in the wind.

Posted · Report post

Well wonders never cease.

Posted · Report post

Bunch of B*tches on here.

Root for your freakin team.

3 people like this