Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Due to the government shutdown..."

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Inimicus you have it backwords. Asshattery is afoot because the Tea Party intransigents are doing what they feel their asshat constituents want - defeating the Kenyan Muslim from destroying America with sharia law also known as Obamacare

Posted

Inimicus you have it backwords. Asshattery is afoot because the Tea Party intransigents are doing what they feel their asshat constituents want - defeating the Kenyan Muslim from destroying America with sharia law also known as Obamacare

Good to see you believe exactly what the media wants you to think.

Posted

As opposed to thinking from my gut?

Posted

The GOP:  Your "crazy uncle at Thanksgiving dinner."

Salon spoke Friday with Mike Lofgren, who worked as a Republican congressional staffer from 1983 to 2011 (including 16 years as a senior analyst on the budget Ccommittees of the Senate and House) before leaving and writing the best-seller “The Party Is Over: How Republicans Went Crazy, Democrats Became Useless, and the Middle Class Got Shafted.”

I’ll say this: I am not an Obama partisan. I have many bones to pick with him, including the healthcare bill. If your intent was to insure as many people as possible, you’d have single payer. You also wouldn’t pay off big Pharma and the insurance companies. That said, the difference between what Obama and the Republicans are doing is like the difference between stomach upset and galloping Ebola.

These people are basically neo-Confederate insurrectionists. They are in substantive rebellion against the orderly government of the country. And one of the things I noticed — and it’s something that’s very common in human beings — we all try to mollify or appease the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving dinner. You know, “Don’t make a scene.” Well, I noticed in the last few years of my service on the Hill that a number of Democrats seemed to be afraid of Republicans. And Obama pretty much wasted his first term trying to mollify them. I think he’s finally stumbled upon a strategy that’s better: simply not give them what they demand. Because this is a deliberate strategy to hold the government hostage.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/08/ex_gop_insider_unloads_blame_neo_confederate_insurrectionists_for_shutdown/

"I would take Boehner drunk over Cruz sober," former 28-year GOP staffer-turned-author Mike Lofgren tells Salon

Posted

The sad part is that people like you are actually proud to be ignorant.

Posted

I am sure you are crying about this

Posted

i've posted several variations of this in different shut down threads but here we go again

the problem is, the democrats agreed to precisely what the republicans have wanted for decades (because they're both bought and paid for by the insurance lobby). but now, republicans have to pander to their gerrymandered districts and pretend as if they would repeal and replace the ACA with anything other than a private mandate with a requirement to take on customers with pre-existing conditions. the democrats will likely "negotiate" by steadfastly supporting the healthcare reform that's been championed by republicans for decades and probably offering up a grab bag of keystone/tax cuts/tort reform/(fill in any other stupid poo here). republicans will rejoice over really sticking it to those stupid libs, democrats will rejoice over the successful defense of their "progressive" mandate to purchase a worthless product from a useless middleman, and the left will continue to hopelessly attempt to explain all of this to teabagging dipshits on the internet