CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

And?

You trying to single out regilion like it's the only thing you see this in makes you look silly

#62 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

You trying to single out regilion like it's the only thing you see this in makes you look silly

When you have a religion that says God loves all his children, and next thing you know God tells his people to do a genocide on those a-holes overthere, even the babies and pets, it makes your religion look silly

#63 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

I always say if you want to know God's true heart, you have to look at the beginning.  Was there murder in the beginning?  No.  Was there slavery in the beginning?  No.  Was there rape, racism, and even death at all in the beginning?  Ye-nope.  God didn't create the world with none of those things and didn't intend for those things to be according to the Bible.  All that is the result of corruption into the original system.  So now you look at Jesus, and we can clearly see Jesus wants to restore things back to the beginning.  If roman aristocrats really did invent Jesus, they amazingly captured God's true essence.  Of course as christians know, most of the Tanakh operates under the Torah.  Under the Torah/Law/Laws Moses received from God, death was assured.

#64 Eli Cash

Eli Cash

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClayton, NC

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Thought I'd stop in this thread for a brief contribution.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

Good day ladies and gentlemen. That's all I have to say.

#65 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

In issue #438 of Superman, Superman said "up up and away".  True story.  

#66 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Islam confirmed Jesus existed... They even call him "the man without a sin" in Koran.

Too many eye witnesses of his existence.

Some people still believe concentration camps never existed and Jewish never got mass murdered by nazis... There are always be people that denying history.

I know I'm late to the party, and I haven't read the whole thread (so apologies if this has already been covered), but this post is off a bit.

Islam confirms Jesus exists because it makes mention of him? Well color me shocked that people creating a new religion in the SAME REGION as another references that other religion.

Zero contemporary accounts of Jesus exist. Zero. Not a single one. And even the accounts of Jesus in the bible (as far as his resurrection, for instance) are contradictory, not to mention written decades after his supposed death. Who saw him? It depends which of the gospels you read. Josephus mentions him, but it has been proven that any mentions he makes of him are interpolations, and not direct accounts. There is no written record of Jesus during the supposed life of Jesus.

Sure, some people deny history and historical people. The problem for you is...there is no historical account of Jesus. And even if there were, it still doesn't do anything in proving his supposed divinity.

#67 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." - Numbers 31:17-18

I can quote the bible too.

#68 Eli Cash

Eli Cash

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClayton, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." - Numbers 31:17-18

I can quote the bible too.

Did you just quote a random verse about the avenging of the people of Israel over the Midianites? You just showed me that you don't understand my quote.

#69 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Did you just quote a random verse about the avenging of the people of Israel over the Midianites? You just showed me that you don't understand my quote.

I just put a bible verse down. Just like you did. Or does it burn you that you think your god this all-loving, all-good god and in the same book that you base that on, he is ordering the slaughter of children?

Also, I grew up in church, I understand your quote. It's the same crap every Christian pulls in a conversation/argument/debate. It's essentially "I have no real point, so I'm just going to say Jesus loves you all and go home with my nose in the air as if I actually made a point".

#70 Eli Cash

Eli Cash

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClayton, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I just put a bible verse down. Just like you did. Or does it burn you that you think your god this all-loving, all-good god and in the same book that you base that on, he is ordering the slaughter of children?

No, because Christ has already redeemed all of the sin and sufferings of this world. Including the verses you listed, which do a good job of testifying to the long-suffering of God for his creation. But agree to disagree Stannis.

#71 Eli Cash

Eli Cash

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClayton, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

Also, I grew up in church, I understand your quote. It's the same crap every Christian pulls in a conversation/argument/debate. It's essentially "I have no real point, so I'm just going to say Jesus loves you all and go home with my nose in the air as if I actually made a point".

Ok, I grew up in church and never understood it until I implored my own heart one day 20 years later.  I read the bible and formed my own opinion on my belief, and I guess neither of us will "have a real point" in the standards of science, debate, or any form of academia.

#72 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Ok, I grew up in church and never understood it until I implored my own heart one day 20 years later. I read the bible and formed my own opinion on my belief, and I guess neither of us will "have a real point" in the standards of science, debate, or any form of academia.

So it seems you're say you have no intellectual reasonable point.

#73 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

No, because Christ has already redeemed all of the sin and sufferings of this world. Including the verses you listed, which do a good job of testifying to the long-suffering of God for his creation. But agree to disagree Stannis.

So god is justified in the slaughtering of the Amalikites and all their children because Jesus redeemed him???? I'm not following your claim.

#74 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

#75 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Like Cat said....what? lol. Seriously, the verse I listed was a direct order from god to slaughter children and to take virgin women as "their own", aka, sex slaves.

Ok, I grew up in church and never understood it until I implored my own heart one day 20 years later.  I read the bible and formed my own opinion on my belief, and I guess neither of us will "have a real point" in the standards of science, debate, or any form of academia.

I've read the bible twice. I formed my own opinion on it, which is based on the facts of the matter. All evidence points to the bible being a load of crap. There ARE real points to be made in the standards of science, debate, and all forms of academia if you have the knowledge of those subjects to do so. It would seem you don't, which is fine, but you probably shouldn't enter the arena here if all you're going to offer is one of the "good" bible verses and say that I am just "not understanding" of the bible when I point out one of the many atrocious ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com