Photo
- - - - -

"We invented Jesus"

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#41 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAspin, Colorado
HUDDLER

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

sounds like a gigantic argument from conclusion, which is as anti-scholastic a methodology as they come, but we'll see what he says. i'm interested to see what kind of evidence he cites in support of this position and whether or not there are any legitimate corroborating sources.

on the surface this seems to fall in line with gavin mensies/georgio tsoukalos bullshit for-profit pseudoacademia.

I read that on the back of a cereal box once.

#42 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Sounds like someone is stealing ideas from old John Carpenter movies.

#43 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Unless we all just rot in the ground when we die, in that case, no one will find out the truth in any amount of time.

You must be a riot at office parties.

#44 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

There are more written books and testimonials about Jesus then there were for Julius Caesar.....so there's that.

Lol, this story is about as believable as thinking that "Little Caesars" pizza company created Caesar so they could have a mascot.

#45 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

They witnessed him and he was significant but the first writings about him are 70+ years after his death...seems legit!

Yeah the printing press was broken for a couple of decades, sorry.

#46 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Um what? I haven't even heard the crazy christian bible scholars claim that. Islam and the Koran are super late sources. I believe early 600s. If that counts as evidence then u might as well take your own words as proof. There area lot of books on this subject. I suggest Bart Ehrman. He writes the textbooks used in the most prestigious colleges and he's written several books for layman.

Please name all these eye witnesses and what they each believed about Jesus.

I beleive Islam says Jesus existed, but didn't call him the Messiah. They actually think Mary was more important.

#47 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I beleive Islam says Jesus existed, but didn't call him the Messiah. They actually think Mary was more important.

Yes I think they see him as a great prophet but not god. That being said its not evidence for Christ existence just evidence people believed and heard of Christ in 600 ad. Which no one is questioning.

#48 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

There are more written books and testimonials about Jesus then there were for Julius Caesar.....so there's that.

Lol, this story is about as believable as thinking that "Little Caesars" pizza company created Caesar so they could have a mascot.

Ceasar has statues and coins with his face on it.

#49 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Space aliens, the Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch and Santa all have plenty of books and testimonials written about them too.  Add it all up and what do you have?  Zero proof of their existence.

Lol, this story is about as believable as thinking that... "Little Caesars" pizza company created Caesar so they could have a mascot.

Ha, ha, that's a good one!  How about these whoppers?

Jesus walked on water.

Jesus fed a huge crowd of hungry people with a few fish and loaves of bread.

Jesus was crucified and died only to rise again three days later. 

Mary was a virgin.

Eve came from Adam's rib.

Jonah spent three days and nights inside a whale's digestive system and lived to tell about it

Noah put two of every animal; kangaroos, pandas, armadillos, giraffes, sheep, lions, tigers and polar bears (oh my!) together for 40 days and 40 nights on a wooden ship and lived to tell about it.

A talking snake tricked the first woman into doing very naughty things with an apple, so now most females (not just women) must suffer intense pain through childbirth.

Lol, this story is about as believable as thinking that...

Oh the sweet irony!!!

#50 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Here is a snippit of a timeline with decent arguments from a good documentary on Netflix.

The interviews with Folklore experts and scholars bring up points that make perfect sense and should be viewed bc they support the OP.

I watched this on Netflix last night and this clip is literally the only good part. The first half is just a retelling of the Jesus story, the last half is the narrator whining about his childhood school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users