Photo
- - - - -

Which car should I buy? Nissan Rogue or Ford Escape?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

So I've got to get a new car. We have a small family but we are pretty active with skiing and biking so I'd like a small SUV. 

I've narrowed it down to the 2012 Nissan Rogue because of it's reliability rating but I really like the look of the 2012 Ford Escape. It doesn't look like a jelly bean like all the other SUVs. I like the straight lines and the layout of the inside.  However it seems per consumer reports the Escape has a history of minor transmission issues and that concerns me considering the reason I'm getting  a new car is because my Toyota's transmission has gone out for the 2nd time.

Idk much about Fords. I'm worried I'll get it and end up in the repair shop.  Any advice? Any experience with Fords?

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,002 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'd probably go with the Nissan.

I have a Ford and have had pretty good luck with it, but I know a lot of people that have them that have had transmission and electrical problems.

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

I've owned a Ford suv and a Nissan suv.  I would buy Nissan if I were you.  I just bought another Nissan but decided to go car this time around.

#4 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,822 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Toyota Venza

#5 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Toyota Venza

I know it's irrational but since I had so many problems with my highlander I'm staying way from Toyota. 

#6 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,367 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

My wife had an escape for the longest time and loved it. Nissans cars are crap. Not sure about their suvs

#7 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,822 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I know it's irrational but since I had so many problems with my highlander I'm staying way from Toyota.

Oh really? My wife got Venza and we love it. No issues so far. My dad used to have Nissan back in the day... That puppy ran to almost 300,000 miles. I never had a good experience with Ford.

#8 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ford Expedition (mine): blown/cracked head at 60k miles... right out of warranty of course. Had every maintenance record from the day I bought it and Ford would not stand behind it. Sold it as soon as it was repaired.

Ford Escape (friend's): electrical issues, transmission issues, still under warranty and a continual battle with the dealership to repair it.

Infiniti G (wife's): just a juicier version of a Nissan. 7 years old and runs like a top. Interior leather is crap and looks 20 years old, but mechanically and outside appearance are great.

Look at the Nissan Murano also....

#9 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

I looks like you are getting conflicting reports and are now no better off than before you started the thread.  :)

#10 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'm a Ford over Nissan kinda guy.

Not a big fan of the interiors for Nissan.

What about the honda product?

#11 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,367 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Look at a preowned lexus rx350. You can get one that is 2 years old for around the same price as a new escape or rogue

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Look at a preowned lexus rx350. You can get one that is 2 years old for around the same price as a new escape or rogue

Great car.

I am looking at a used GX for the fiance when she wants to get rid of her Tahoe.

Damn thing has 225K on it and is still ticking though.

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,367 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Great car.

I am looking at a used GX for the fiance when she wants to get rid of her Tahoe.

Damn thing has 225K on it and is still ticking though.

My wife has the rx 350 and we bought it preowned and it drives better than most new cars. The price was what these new lower end crossovers are fetching

#14 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,002 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

I'm a Ford over Nissan kinda guy.

Not a big fan of the interiors for Nissan.

What about the honda product?

I was reading an article on Yahoo yesterday about car reliability and was surprised to see that the Accord has fallen to a 'below avg' reliability rating...

#15 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

doesn't get her away from toyota...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com