Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

what 49er fans are saying

san francisco 49ers carolina panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
468 replies to this topic

#373 That49Guy

That49Guy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Arizona isn't top 10 in yards or points. Only Seattle and you got stomped

And we were up on AZ after the first half despite dropping an open TD pass on a drive and a 4th down in the red zone on another ....we imploded late and the score snowballed at the end.

So the question was if you have played a comparable D.... Answer is only Seattle. AZ isn't

Arizona's defense is constantly put in short field positions because Palmer turns the ball over more than just about anyone in the NFL. You can't go by points or total yards when your offense puts you on the field a ton and puts you in bad positions.

You have to look deeper at the stats to get an accurate picture. The Cardinals are tied for the 6th best defense (tied with Carolina) in the league in yards per play. Seattle #2. Texans #3.

We have 2 common opponents, you got beat by both of them, we are 1-1.

And you use excuses for missed opportunities to explain your loss to Arizona, and I could do the same with Seattle. We left so many points on the field it was ridiculous. And you're hanging your hat on a loss at home. Try going to Seattle and playing. You're 7 points in the hole when you walk in the door there.

#374 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

I think it'll be a good physical game, can't wait for it to get going

#375 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Arizona's defense is constantly put in short field positions because Palmer turns the ball over more than just about anyone in the NFL. You can't go by points or total yards when your offense puts you on the field a ton and puts you in bad positions.

You have to look deeper at the stats to get an accurate picture. The Cardinals are tied for the 6th best defense (tied with Carolina) in the league in yards per play. Seattle #2. Texans #3.

We have 2 common opponents, you got beat by both of them, we are 1-1.

And you use excuses for missed opportunities to explain your loss to Arizona, and I could do the same with Seattle. We left so many points on the field it was ridiculous. And you're hanging your hat on a loss at home. Try going to Seattle and playing. You're 7 points in the hole when you walk in the door there.

If its and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

I'm not hanging my hat on anything but what we are.....the best D you will face this season.

Yeah, the Tampa Bay Sucks just played out there....they did a LOT better than your mighty 9ers.

You aren't this juggernaut some paint. And AZ has only 3 more turnovers than Seattle for the record

#376 That49Guy

That49Guy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

If its and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

I'm not hanging my hat on anything but what we are.....the best D you will face this season.

Yeah, the Tampa Bay Sucks just played out there....they did a LOT better than your mighty 9ers.

You aren't this juggernaut some paint

You couldn't even score a TD against a team we killed.

Seattle's defense is better than yours.

You're right TB did better than us and everyone else that's played out there. So? They played Seattle better than you guys did too.

And who says we're a juggernaut? Some 21 year old keyboard jockey who never played football on a 49ers messageboard? If you've read any of teh rational 49ers fans posts, you'll know we're all nervous about this game. And rightly so.

#377 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

i feel like kaep is small enough that star could literally eat him

hopefully that will happen

#378 That49Guy

That49Guy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

i feel like kaep is small enough that star could literally eat him

hopefully that will happen

6'5, 237. 

I'm interested to see Star against our OL. Bunch of meat heads pushing each other around.

#379 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

You couldn't even score a TD against a team we killed.

Seattle's defense is better than yours.

You're right TB did better than us and everyone else that's played out there. So? They played Seattle better than you guys did too.

And who says we're a juggernaut? Some 21 year old keyboard jockey who never played football on a 49ers messageboard? If you've read any of teh rational 49ers fans posts, you'll know we're all nervous about this game. And rightly so.

Yeah, like our first drive where he stopped a wide open 5 yard TD pass to Smitty? That isn't a great D shutting us down......we shot yourselves in the foot repeatedly early and late. Sometimes teams don't bring there A game.....we didn't. AZ wasn't shutting is down if you watched it. From the first possession we were our own worst nightmare. It happens.

Seattle's D isn't better....it isn't supported in fact. There back 4 is better than our back 4......that's it.

#380 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

6'5, 237. 

I'm interested to see Star against our OL. Bunch of meat heads pushing each other around.

is he really? he looks like a small guy

#381 That49Guy

That49Guy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

is he really? he looks like a small guy

he's like 6'4 5/8, 235ish. Ran a 4.53 40.

You really thought he was small? He's barely smaller than Cam.

#382 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Also Arizona and stomped them. They got a couple cheap scores late but we waxed them, and they stomped you guys. It goes both ways.

stomped?  we were in it until late, like within the last 5 mins.  we outgained them yardage-wise over 400 yards, but had too many miscues.  the game was far from a stomping, but since it was by far our worst game of the season, i guess it makes it feel that way.  i know i am going to use that terrible word "if" but two terrible drops wide open by Smith and Lafell early in the game would have netted us 14 points instead of 3, and the game is a different story.  our team is executing at a much higher level now but still has room to improve.  been looking forward to this game since the schedule came out, and it is not a do-or-die situation for either team.  and i will be rooting like hell for the Niners in a couple weeks when you guys play the saints.

#383 That49Guy

That49Guy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, like our first drive where he stopped a wide open 5 yard TD pass to Smitty? That isn't a great D shutting us down......we shot yourselves in the foot repeatedly early and late. Sometimes teams don't bring there A game.....we didn't. AZ wasn't shutting is down if you watched it. From the first possession we were our own worst nightmare. It happens.

Seattle's D isn't better....it isn't supported in fact. There back 4 is better than our back 4......that's it.

According to you who ranks by yards per game, they are better than you. They are also better in YPP.

#384 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

he's like 6'4 5/8, 235ish. Ran a 4.53 40.

You really thought he was small? He's barely smaller than Cam.

it's just i didn't know they stacked shit that high