49 replies to this topic

#1 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

A breakdown of what Cam's contract could be. Gettleman has his work cut out for him wowzerz.....

He's got 11,603 yards, and 79 touchdowns through 41 games in his young career - but with just 19 wins, the measure on where Carolina Panthers' quarterback Cam Newton stands in terms of status is tough to gauge. The Panther's have quietly become a contender in 2013, in large part to the consistently strong play from Newton, and with his $22 million contract set to expire after 2014, the discussions regarding an extension are forthcoming.

Our forecast for Cam will be unlike any we've done prior, as his unique skill set lends itself to varying evaluation methods. Newton will be the first of the current generation of "young mobile quarterbacks" to be granted a long-term contract. Not since Michael Vick in 2004 has a quarterback with the ability to pass and throw at an elite level been considered for a maximum pay-day, and the game has changed immensely since.

To compensate for this, we'll revise the statistics used in our analysis to include Rushing Yards, and Total Touchdowns (Passing + Throwing). Additionally, we'll take a look at the Top 10 rushing quarterbacks since 2011 to find where Cam falls solely based on his run game.

The following is the full report, predicting the next contract for the 24 year old Panthers' quarterback.

http://www.spotrac.c...cam-newton-392/

#2 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

A lifetime 1 billion dollar deal should suffice

#3 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

I hope cam knows the less the takes the better his team will be.

#4 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,563 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

15-17 per wouldn't be absurd

20 per would ruin us

#5 Panic

Panic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Pay that man, he makes Sundays fun again.

Go get your Money Cam

#6 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,392 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

I truly believe Cam's desire to win will show up here. I don't think Cam will demand the kind of contract that will set this franchise back (ex. Flacco)

Most athletes get that one big contract during there career and must cash in on it. I think Cam is in a slightly different position since he is a very marketable athlete, and is capable of making money other ways as well (Under Armour).

Time will tell.

#7 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

better fuging hope he doesn't demand crazy money. he's good enough but not brady/peyton/brees/rodgers good

that matt ryan contract will fug the falcons

#8 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

he knows winning brings more endorsements, so I'm hoping he'll take a reasonable stand to keep the team viable.

#9 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

An interesting fact is that the players with the highest salary-cap figures don't necessarily have the highest salaries in a given year. Bonus money, incentives and proration of previous bonuses all play into a "cap number."

#10 QueensKing

QueensKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Cam's agent, whose pay is directly tied to the amount of money he can get for Cam, has all the leverage in this situation.  Contracts are growing, Cam is improving, comparable QBs are making 100m+, we are winning, and there are at least 15 teams who would all pay Cam the max, hopefully this is settled quickly.

#11 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Get it done Gettleman.

#12 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with something in the 16-18 a year range if he keeps playing well.

#13 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

This is one of the main reasons why im glad Hurney is gone. 

#14 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

just shows that he is worth every penny he get

#15 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

I read an article saying that people inside the league don't think post rookie cap players are going to get the mega deals that players of recent years have on their second contract.

I don't know what he's going to get. It should be a good bit. He' a QB and a great one. But based on that information I don't expect a massive deal like what Atlanta gave Ryan (which Ryan isnt worth to begin with)

The positive of the flip side, if we do set the precedent and give him an enormous contract, we can troll the rest of the league for decades hahahahahahaha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com