• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Louie

Louie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

I just started season 3 last night. Season 2 started out kinda slow, but got much better as it went on. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. I would put it in my top 5 series of all time. 

#17 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,516 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

notsureifsrs.jpg

#18 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,985 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

The Wire is better than Breaking Bad, and I'm one of the biggest Breaking Bad fans out there, and was since the beginning.  The Wire paints a very very realistic picture of an entire city dealing with corruption, politics, crime, and even the education system.  It does this but keeps it a TV show and not a documentary.  It also juggles dozens of characters, all of whom are great actors, and does a great job at having them all matter and have a part of the storyline.  Game of Thrones "may" come before it's all said and done because of the tons of actors and great casting, but The Wire did a great job AND kept it very realistic and interesting, no one has came close.   If The Wire didn't come out so early and waited 5 or so years to be released in the golden age of TV right now it would be the most talked about show and would be winning tons of awards.  People look at TV different now, which is awesome.  

I'm not sure it's fair to compare The Wire really to any show though, it's in a world by itself, not because it was so great, but it's just so different.  

All of this.

Season 2 was my least favorite as well (common in the thread it seems), but Seasons 3, 4, and 5 are amazing to me. 

#19 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

All of this.

Season 2 was my least favorite as well (common in the thread it seems), but Seasons 3, 4, and 5 are amazing to me.

5 is really, really, excellent.

I think this show would have put Walking Dead out of business if they had came out at the same time.

#20 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm about 10 episodes into Season 2 and it does get better, but still not as good as season 1.  I'll take you guys' word for it that it gets better.  Still a top 5 show, even with Season 2 not being anywhere near as good as season 1.

#21 Eclipse

Eclipse

sheer panthermonium

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationThe Lbg-NC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it!  The Wire was a good show.  There will  be some memorable lines and characters that will stick with you long past watching the show.  So, keep watching and enjoy.  I guess I will now start watching Breaking Bad.

#22 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development -- it will take a major gem to unseat one of those from my top 3 ever.

#23 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it! The Wire was a good show. There will be some memorable lines and characters that will stick with you long past watching the show. So, keep watching and enjoy. I guess I will now start watching Breaking Bad.

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it, Clay Davis ain't gonna take no cha-ugh now"

#24 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

I would have to say The Wire had one of the best endings of any series I've watched.

Oz's ending was really excellent as well.

#25 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,278 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

Breaking bad did it better

#26 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

slowpoke.jpg

#27 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

You realize Stringer Bell is also the bifrost gate keeper in Thor?

#28 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,518 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

The Wire, huh? You should check out another show, OP. I think it's called The Soplanos? They're Italian or something.

Seriously though: The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Oz, Weeds, The United States of Tara, Orange is the New Black, Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice, Continuum ... I loves me some good TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com