147 replies to this topic

#136 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Is this some type of joke post (or have you actually watched any Panthers game this year, and their OL, WR's and running backs)???

I'll stop here, and not even get into the impact that Cam has/carries on this team, in order for them to win, no matter what his overall statistics say by  the end of the game.

The Panthers still need Cam to be a play maker in order to win. The defense [usually] holds the game close enough, till Cam can win it for them. The Panther would be a 4 win team with DA at QB. 

I'm absolutely dumbfounded and gob-smacked by the ignorance of your statement. Did I miss something?

Wow!

OL can't block for a qb that isn't stepping up in the pocket... probably half the sacks cam's gotten can be attributed to cam, himself........... with that said, the OL can use some upgrade itself, i'll give you that..

WRs?? we've got better WRs squad than some of other teams... our WRs are better than seattle's for sure but look at what a real qb can do to his receiving squad  

#137 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,301 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

ready to cheer for the saints today blak n blu

#138 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,301 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

70 yarder was all d.lo... what did cam have to do with that play other than take the snap??? 

all the other yards cam piled up, i'll give it to him.. but w/o that play from d.lo, cam statistically had a similar game to geno 

statistically similar except for six going the wrong way right

#139 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

Well geno tore the browns apart.

#140 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well geno tore the browns apart.

On other hand cam only had 4 of his 13 drives go for more than 5 yards total, the first he ended on redzone interception, the second which was the hand off to Williams on first play for TD, a short 44 yard drive for a FG that consisted of one throw, and final 3 throws for win.

In contrast Brees moved the ball on 10 of 14 drives, but Armsteads 4 sacks and 2 false starts in first half stopped 5 drives.

First meeting was a blowout, second meeting Saints dominated the game and lost in final 30 seconds. I love our chances in a 3rd meeting, even in BOA.

#141 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

On other hand cam only had 4 of his 13 drives go for more than 5 yards total, the first he ended on redzone interception, the second which was the hand off to Williams on first play for TD, a short 44 yard drive for a FG that consisted of one throw, and final 3 throws for win.

In contrast Brees moved the ball on 10 of 14 drives, but Armsteads 4 sacks and 2 false starts in first half stopped 5 drives.

First meeting was a blowout, second meeting Saints dominated the game and lost in final 30 seconds. I love our chances in a 3rd meeting, even in BOA.

We haven't played the Cowboys 3 times?

#142 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,488 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

who won?

#143 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,301 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

the panthers left 8 points on the field in the first game by only getting field goals on two possessions in saints territory if we're playing around with this bullshit again.  i suppose that you'd agree that 14-0 in the first quarter would have perhaps changed the feel of that game at least a little bit early on?  it's almost as if points in the NFL are highly contested and it's foolish to take it for granted that team A would have assuredly outscored team B if one thing would have been different.

also weren't you posting before the game that armstead getting the start was no big deal because if he struggled payton would just re-insert brown and it would work because he completely shut down hardy in the first game?  and now you're seemingly almost entirely blaming the saints inability to put up more than 13 measely-ass points on him?  that's some hilarious poo.

#144 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,454 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

You're a moron, seriously.  It's like you really just don't know anything about football and just look at stat sheets afterwards.

Here's some important stats for you:

Number of Saints plays ran: 81

Number of Panthers plays ran: 44

Saints TOP: 38:48

Panthers TOP: 21:12

Saints: 13

Panthers: 17

So you're telling me despite holding onto the ball twice as long and running twice as many plays... you only scored 13 goddamn points?  I'm honestly fuging amazed by that.  That's either fuging pathetic on your part, or our defense had a performance for the ages - especially considering it was against the Saints' "High-Powered Top Ranked Offense" we've heard so much about all season.

And quit trying to discredit the sacks we got on you as if Cam didn't take his share of sacks as well.  Instead of blaming the rookie Armstead for going up against Hardy, blame what a retarded fuging decision it was by Payton to start him.  Do I need to remind you we have a backup DT starting on our offensive line who has never played o line before?  Get outta here with that.

Lol at you mentioning Cam's redzone interception (that was entirely catchable, but tipped by Ginn) but completely ignoring Brees' TWO interceptions that were completely within range of both our LBers to make plays on them and just overall bad decision-making from Brees.  Jeeze you're stupid.

There's more to a team than offense, especially considering our team is defense first.  Always has been and that's what we've invested in.

#145 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,454 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

And let me paint this picture for you to remind you, since you like playing the "what if" game so much...

You were pinned at your own endzone well into the 4th quarter and having trouble generating any sort of successful drive all day long.  You had 6 points.  Drew throws a pass to Graham, Flo gets overzealous and tries to be the hero by making a play on the ball, Graham burns him for 50 yards... then it eventually resulted in your only touchdown of the day.

Had Flo just played that like he normally SHOULD have, then you likely stay at 6 points for the game and Cam never even has to pull that magical final drive out of his ass.

Oh and let's just completely discount that lucky ass onside kick recovery as well since it gave you an extra possession you didn't earn.  That sounds like Alice logic anyways.

#146 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,709 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

steve would've put up 100+ yards against the saints if he hadn't gotten injured in the 1st quarter. we beat the saints without one of the most instrumental players on our team.

#147 WarDamnPanthers

WarDamnPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

there is no comparison

#148 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER