4th/5th

#18 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

If you liked him at the Senior bowl you should have seen him break his brother out of prison.  

37277444.jpg

#19 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I've rather enjoyed watching NFLN coverage of the pratices, good stuff.

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Mayock is the man.  He is very insructive.

Could you imagine Kiper out there? 

#21 philit99

philit99

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

If you liked him at the Senior bowl you should have seen him break his brother out of prison.

I was waiting on this one. I knew someone would post this, can't let his brother face the electric chair.

#22 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

High rounds: 1st-2nd

Mid rounds: 3rd-5th
Low rounds: 6th-7th

not hard

that would mid draft.  In any case. Its been a long time coming, but its deffinately time for you to meet the ignore list.  You add absolutly nothing to the forum and frankly I'm tired of seeing your posts. adiós amigo

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

that would mid draft.  In any case. Its been a long time coming, but its deffinately time for you to meet the ignore list.  You add absolutly nothing to the forum and frankly I'm tired of seeing your posts. adiós amigo

mi no speak espanol

#24 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Beat me to it, didn't know if anyone else remembered that ridiculous show on Fox

Watched the whole 1st season on Netflix last year.  Two episodes into the second season and I lost interest.  I'm still curious how the heck they did 4 seasons of that show.  

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,661 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Drafting Michigan skill players is usually not a good idea.

But drafting Michigan linemen often is.

#26 philit99

philit99

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Watched the whole 1st season on Netflix last year. Two episodes into the second season and I lost interest. I'm still curious how the heck they did 4 seasons of that show.

I actually enjoyed the last season, it tied up all loose ends nicely.

#27 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

If Bell was an undrafted free agent we should be able to find a solid right tackle in round 3 or 4. Our scouts just have to dig and do their job... Find the diamond in the ruff.

If Seattle can have the best secondary in the league starting a 5th and sixth round cornerback we can find a Hog Mollie in the 4th round.

#28 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

I hated the way they killed him off on Prison Break.

They never let the good guys survive :(

#29 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

I coached OL for a very good high school team.  I know a little about fundamentals--there is more about the pro game that I don't get.  Having prefaced this with that, here is my take on this guy:

He has been well coached. He manages to maintain a wide base and keeps his shoulders square.   I saw him (in the Mich St game) get 2 negative grades and about 5 positive grades--that is strong.  He made his mistakes bending at the waist, a bad thing for OL.  This occurs, however, when he is trying to maintain good technique and he gets fooled by a stunt---once the G should have released his block to the RT but he did not, allowing for a stunt/blitz (can't remember) to reach the qb.  This looked bad, but it was not on the RT.  With no back helping that side, the G should have released the DT when he took a route to his outside and stepped down.  Instead, he rode the block out.  The RT saw this and tried to step inside to B gap, but was late.

Later I saw him pull on a counter and sealed the opposite side---not many tackles can do that.  It was beautiful.  He reaches the second level when he needs to.  He has solid feet, decent to good hands, and he plays with good technique most of the time.  He seems smart, based on the improvisation and his understanding of angles. I am not sure about his measureables, but if his arms are more than 33", I would say he is a solid second to third round pick based on what I see.  I would say that he has some potential to convert to a LT down the road.

Finally, did you notice how well he stays on blocks?  Better tnan Bell.  In addition, when protecting the pocket, he does not take an angle directly to the QB like Bell does; he fans out at a 45 degree angle until contact. This is important because Cam is mobile and it expands the size of the pocket. 

Nice call.  I like this guy.  I would rather have Lewan, but 75 is a good football player who would upgrade us from day 1.

#30 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I coached OL for a very good high school team.  I know a little about fundamentals--there is more about the pro game that I don't get.  Having prefaced this with that, here is my take on this guy:

He has been well coached. He manages to maintain a wide base and keeps his shoulders square.   I saw him (in the Mich St game) get 2 negative grades and about 5 positive grades--that is strong.  He made his mistakes bending at the waist, a bad thing for OL.  This occurs, however, when he is trying to maintain good technique and he gets fooled by a stunt---once the G should have released his block to the RT but he did not, allowing for a stunt/blitz (can't remember) to reach the qb.  This looked bad, but it was not on the RT.  With no back helping that side, the G should have released the DT when he took a route to his outside and stepped down.  Instead, he rode the block out.  The RT saw this and tried to step inside to B gap, but was late.

Later I saw him pull on a counter and sealed the opposite side---not many tackles can do that.  It was beautiful.  He reaches the second level when he needs to.  He has solid feet, decent to good hands, and he plays with good technique most of the time.  He seems smart, based on the improvisation and his understanding of angles. I am not sure about his measureables, but if his arms are more than 33", I would say he is a solid second to third round pick based on what I see.  I would say that he has some potential to convert to a LT down the road.

Finally, did you notice how well he stays on blocks?  Better tnan Bell.  In addition, when protecting the pocket, he does not take an angle directly to the QB like Bell does; he fans out at a 45 degree angle until contact. This is important because Cam is mobile and it expands the size of the pocket. 

Nice call.  I like this guy.  I would rather have Lewan, but 75 is a good football player who would upgrade us from day 1.

Damn nice to read comments from someone who really understands what they are talking about....does not happen often on The Huddle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com