Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Melvin White: Keep or cut?

57 posts in this topic

Posted

KEEP!

No other option allowed anyway.

Posted

THE OFFSEASON 

Posted

I was sort of thinking about our cb position and wondering if we should invest a higher pick in the draft, or just look to supplement the position in FA.  Then that got me thinking about Melvin White.  There were a couple of games where he made some brilliant plays, and a couple of games where his lack of experience really showed up and he got exposed....as expected of a rookie.  

Dave Gettleman has eluded to the " answer might already be on the roster" mantra.   Could Melvin White with some more development be that answer?   Overall for an undrafted rookie FA, I think we could all agree that he had a great season and overachieved in a lot of ways.   Will he continue to grow, or does he just not quite have the talent to be our starter next year?

Anyway, just interested to see what you guys have to say.  Have a great Superbowl Sunday everyone.

Go Panthers.

Go Huddle.

Alluded...

Posted

I feel like some people make threads like this to get attention.

1 person likes this

Posted

Unlike Captain and Thomas I never saw White get smoked like those two! Yes Brady Brees and other qbs picked on him but obviously they would he was a rookie, but he managed to keep most receivers in check and made a few crucial plays, he will only get better with experience, only fault I had with him was he gave away way to many PI calls because he played man not the ball but again it's a learning process and the kid did good.

Posted

keep White and Dockery, cut Norman and Thomas and draft a CB by the 3rd rd

Posted

Is this really a question? The question should be should we cut Norman

Posted

Melvin White played well all year. Of course he got exposed a few times as expected. He's a rookie...

Posted

White was solid..whys this even a question?

Posted

The Golden Calf of Bristol would have given the broncos a better chance of winning. 100% srs

Posted

oops wrong thread

Posted

have you seen the chart behind him?