24 replies to this topic

#16 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Turner and Gibson is the splash-ier move.. Turner and Jimmer is the smarter/cheaper move

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,679 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Turner and Gibson is the splash-ier move.. Turner and Jimmer is the smarter/cheaper move

Ehh, good summary, but I think its more that Jimmer/Turner is the higher risk/higher reward combo, whereas Turner/Gibson is the more costly combo, but you have a much, much higher floor there.

I'd like either deal, but getting Gibson is appealing because if Clifford is going to continue to refuse to play Cody, i'd much rather watch Gibson over McBob, and he brings a lot more to the table.

BUT, as I said in the other thread IIRC, a Jimmer/Turner combo is what I prefer financially - and as you said, is the smarter move from that perspective. They're still on their rookie deals, so at the end of the year, we decide what we want to do with them versus taking on contracts that other teams valued the more veteran players at.

#18 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

No thanks to any of that noise, maybe Turner but only if we don't give away any firsts.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,201 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Turner and Jimmer

Not a fan of Jimmer.

Gibson and Jefferson could be a deadly duo inside.

#20 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,332 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

No thanks to any of that noise, maybe Turner but only if we don't give away any firsts.

I think Portland's pick is all but gone at this point. It's going to be involved in a trade.

Philly wants a first for turner.

#21 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

After that little fiasco Mayo pulled at Jordan's camp I doubt MJ wants him. He's a chucker anyway.

It's starting to look like Cho stockpiled those draft picks as trade assets & never intended to keep them. I could see him dealing one of them before the draft if nothing falls thru before the deadline.

#22 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

Jimmer plays 10-11 minutes a game. McLemore, Thorton, McCallum and Isiah Thomas are all jocking for playing time. Jimmer get barely any of it. There is no way Cho gives up anything of value to get Jimmer. He could be had for a mere 2nd round pick.

.475 from beyond the arch for a mere 2nd rounder is a steal IMO. Even if he can't play a lick of D- just knock down 3-4 a game off the bench and we will be much improved from DEAD LAST in the league from 3pt range!!!

#23 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Players I'm interested in:

1. Evan Turner - 76ers

2. Taj Gibson - Bulls

3. Dion Waiters - Cavs

4. Jeff Green - Celtics

5. Greg Monroe - Pistons

(add Jimmer, Morrow and Dudley)

Im through with McBob an want a legit starting PF.. also a good shooter off the bench

#24 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,032 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

getting Jimmer,Turner and/or Gibson would be great moves.

#25 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

After that little fiasco Mayo pulled at Jordan's camp I doubt MJ wants him. He's a chucker anyway.

It's starting to look like Cho stockpiled those draft picks as trade assets & never intended to keep them. I could see him dealing one of them before the draft if nothing falls thru before the deadline.

I hope not, we will end up with only a second rounder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users