Trade Henderson for Turner

Draft
Draft Willie Cauley-Stein with Detroit's pick
Draft Tyler Ennis with Portland's pick

Free Agency
Sign Lance Stephenson
Re-Sign Greg Monroe
Re-Sign Evan Turner
Re-Sign Anthony Tolliver (small contract)
Re-Sign Chris Douglas-Roberts (small contract)
Re-Sign Jannero Pargo (small contract)

2014-15 Hornets
PG: Kemba Walker, Tyler Ennis, Jannero Pargo
SG: Lance Stephenson, Jeff Taylor
SF: Evan Turner, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Anthony Tolliver, Chris Douglas-Roberts
PF: Greg Monroe, Josh McRoberts, Cody Zeller
C: Al Jefferso, Willie Cauley-Stein, Brendan Haywood

This scenario requires MJ spending up to the tax but in my opinion, that could be a top three team in the east when it's all said and done.

If somehow Charlotte could get this done they would have around 33 million dollars to sign Stephenson, re-sign Turner, and re-sign Monroe before going over the tax.

Forget Turner & your draft picks suck. Try again

#32 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Kemba Walker
Lance Stephenson
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Al Jefferson

1st rd pick(s)
Gerald Henderson
Bismack Biyombo
Ramon Sessions
Jeffrey Taylor
Anthony Tolliver

.... probably the best Charlotte NBA team ever

I don't think Zeller is suited to start, neither is McRoberts although both can be valuable role players.  I think we need to address the PF spot.   We really need a guy with a mean streak at that spot that can finish in the paint and can knock down set shots at the top of the key.   McRoberts is left open all day long at the top of the 3 point line and can't make defenses pay.

From what I've observed of the team this season, it seems that our back court is our strength.  I can already start to see the weight room pay off for MKG.  GH is one of the most athletic guys in the league.  Ramon Sessions can run this team just as good as Kemba (just differently stylistically), and he's great at getting to the line.  Kemba has my vote for the quickest ball handler in the league.  He can get by anyone.  

So even though I feel there's an allure to make an offer to Stevenson, I think we could utilize our money better somewhere else by investing into the front court.

Zeller is in great shape, does a great job running the floor, wants to do well, and gives very high effort.  He's a decent at rebounding, can knock down the mid-ranger if he's open, he's a great passer, and plays unselfishly.  His problems:  he moves stiffly, panics a bit if he's pressed defensively.  Fundamentally he needs some help (i.e If he grabs an offensive board he doesn't put the ball straight back up, he'll bring the ball down to his abdomen first.)   He doesn't have an expansive arsenal of post moves, and he doesn't play with a nasty streak.

So good player, but he can get punked by an experienced front court, and puts up inconsistent numbers.

I love Zeller as depth until he develops further, but we need someone that can take some pressure off of Big Al and can also score in the post.

#33 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

People really underestimate Big Al's jumper.

Didnt he beat Larry Bird in a 3 point shooting thing while in Boston?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users