#61 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

With how tall WR's are getting, I honestly don't look at CB's under 6-1 any more. Also have to have length in the arm's as well. If you're not above that height I wouldn't look at you in the first 2 rounds, after that I'd be willing to draft a nickel back that's under that height. 

The combine didn't really change my mind anyone on the player's I like.

Where the Panther's are picking in the first round I like Moses, Amaro, Cooks and Pryor if he falls inline with his rankings. 

In the second I like Adams, Mewhort, Niklas or SJB. 

In the third I like McGil,Martin, Dozier, Fierdorowicz and Abbrederis

Probably the worst statement ever in the world.

#62 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,496 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

He is very quick, so I believe he could excel in a West Coast offense if he works on his route running... On the highlights I watched he ran alot of verticals because he was simply faster than the competition, but I think he could effectively line up anywhere... I do agree that he will be a terror in the short to intermediate passing game, but we have alot of that so I think Prohl could make it work.

I agree.

Saw Janis workout and was impressed. Fast, fast, fast guy with very good hands. I think he'll be a nightmare for opponents coming off the slot.

#63 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

Running slants from the slot is what he did a lot of in college.  This is one of the reasons I thought the West Coast offense would be ideal for him, not that he could not run others.

#64 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

post combine rankings starting to come in.

WR

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007wrs.html

#65 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Montcrief must have terrible game tape as all the evaluations pay little attention to his 40

#66 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,496 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

Montcrief must have terrible game tape as all the evaluations pay little attention to his 40

I didnt believe that he had a bad season last year. They kid always catch my eyes. Obviously fans sees something in him, unlike the evaluators bc they were blowing up Rich Eisen's twitter when NFL Network went to commerical on Moncrief's 40. 

#67 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

I really hope that Gman will not panic and reach for an OT at 28. Morgan Moses is intriguing but has not show me 1st round talent. The only OT that may be available at 28 that I would not mind is Tiny Richardson. Hoping that Gman will address OT through FA. Breno Giacomini is a man that I really like.

Yea with the OT from Alabama rumored having knee troubles it looks less likely an OT will be BPA when we pick. From looking at many mock drafts I am seeing either a db or wr.

#68 AndrewLaskoski

AndrewLaskoski

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

I didnt believe that he had a bad season last year. They kid always catch my eyes. Obviously fans sees something in him, unlike the evaluators bc they were blowing up Rich Eisen's twitter when NFL Network went to commerical on Moncrief's 40. 

My guess is that he has a bit of ego and didn't do the best in interviews because he has everything you look for physically... He got his name out there even with Bo Wallace throwing him the ball, which is impressive... But I don't mind a receiver with an attitude, hell we've had Smitty for 14 years now and we just tagged the Kraken who is the master egotist. 

Anyone who would put this in their head has an ego.

Attached Files

#69 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

I have 2. Odell Beckham Jr & Brandin Cooks.

Disappointments. Koundigou & Landry. I think Landry was just anomoly but there are some real concerns K. Weak and no explosiveness.

Sent from my ADR910L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#70 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

I have 2. Odell Beckham Jr & Brandin Cooks.

Disappointments. Koundigou & Landry. I think Landry was just anomoly but there are some real concerns K. Weak and no explosiveness.

Sent from my ADR910L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm not sure what you mean with Landry. His height is a concern for the type of receiver he is. He was never a burner, nor does he have great acceleration, so he must make a career out of contested catches. Hard to out-jump anyone when you're 5-11 with a poor vertical. It's not like he'll be taller on a better day. His 40 was slower than expected, but I don't think scouts expected to see anything more than a 4.6 to start with.

#71 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Jordan Matthews. Showed he has the speed, to go along with his route running and catching skills, and also that he's bulked up some.

Pierre Desir. Might be a no-name player, but will dominate on Sundays. He's the type of long, range-y DBs that will be the norm in the NFL before long.

#72 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

I agree.

Saw Janis workout and was impressed. Fast, fast, fast guy with very good hands. I think he'll be a nightmare for opponents coming off the slot.

The one knock of Janis is that he can't catch worth poo, I don't know where the good hands thing came in.

#73 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,496 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

The one knock of Janis is that he can't catch worth poo, I don't know where the good hands thing came in.

Showed very solid hands at combine.

#74 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

I'm not sure what you mean with Landry. His height is a concern for the type of receiver he is. He was never a burner, nor does he have great acceleration, so he must make a career out of contested catches. Hard to out-jump anyone when you're 5-11 with a poor vertical. It's not like he'll be taller on a better day. His 40 was slower than expected, but I don't think scouts expected to see anything more than a 4.6 to start with.

So you're saying he is short and slow....got it.

#75 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

So you're saying he is short and slow....got it.

Yes. I don't know how anyone can deny that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.