#31 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Clearly this means all the people who didn't want to draft Cam Newton were in fact not racists.

#32 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

How can he be racist if he's white himself?

*waits*

#33 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,984 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Clayton Bigsby?

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

*waits*

Excuse me, white on white racism is a serious problem.

#35 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,316 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Never ascribe to racism what can be explained by stupidity.

#36 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

He didn't mean he would never recruit a white quarterback, he would if both of his parents were black. It has nothing to do with race.

this is my favorite thread

#37 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Summer's Eve is the new KT.

#38 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Make it the other way around and have him say that he'd never recruit a black QB and literally EVERYONE under the sun would be screaming racism and for good reason.  Why the double standard?

Sure would suck to be a white QB growing up dreaming of playing for OU only to have this jack wagon deny you an opportunity because of the color of your skin.

Which part it the double standard? You know he's white, right? Maybe Switzer has been following the Teb0w and Manziel coverage the last few years and got tired of how far they try to promote them as super athletes. Manziel at 5'11 205 ran a 4.68 and they're talking about him as some new evolution when in the same combine a guy name Clowney at 6'6 266 ran a 4.53 yet treated as just ordinary. Switzer who's been around freak athletes all his life probably got mad and just wanted to say something. Not saying what he said is right but people don't like being sold the wrong thing. Most people know Manziel will not make it in the league but the support for him is overwhelming.

#39 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

double standard guys!

if he said something about black people then he would be jobless like riley cooper :(

#40 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Summer's Eve is the new KT.

Who the hell was that?

#41 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

double standard guys!

if he said something about black people then he would be jobless like riley cooper :(

Yea, black people have been going around saying bad things about white people and keeping the job. Like for example....ummm.....drawing a blank here!

#42 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

so where is this discussion going?

i have an idea.

#43 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,830 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

sUdqf.jpg

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Of course that kind of statement is racist and prejudicial.  Painting all white quarterbacks with the same broad brush is just as bad as what folks have done with black quarterbacks for decades.  Quarterbacks have to be judged on their own merits and skin color isn't one of them.  Looking at extremes and then trying to draw conclusions is the same fallacy no matter how it is applied.

#45 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,055 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

I don't think this is racist.  Calling this racist is what keeps racism alive.  He likes to put in running QBs in his offense.  I know some white QBs can run well, but let's be honest, black people tend to have more lower leg strength and tend to run better, generally.   Just look at major sports.  There will be a few exceptions, but it is not coincidence that most running backs are black and the best ones, usually are also black.  Same with wide receivers and cornerbacks and other positions where running is huge.  I'm a white guy and I'm not silly enough to not realize that black people are, on average, going to be better runners.    There is also the theory that black people have higher twitch muscles leading to higher athleticism.  On the flip side, I've heard a lot of times white people are (generally) more suited for straight up strength instead of speed, like lineman, etc.  As always, there will be exceptions.   But watch the olympics, aren't most runners black and most swimmers white?  I only believe in coincidence to a point.   This is just genetics.  It's not racism, this is just who we are, and we should be proud that some of us are different, but in the end, we're all human.   I'm not going to knock someone for pointing out what he thinks is a fact based on evidence he's seen over the years.  If he was to come out and compare intelligence and personality traits, that would be racist though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com