Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King and McNutt wont be punchlines for long.

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Pretty sure with a name like McNutt, he will always be a punchline.

McNutt busting into midfield for a 69 yard reception.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Based on their inability to get reps so far my guess is they are complimentary depth players at best. Hope is not a strategy. Wish these guys the best but I don't think the answer is currently on our roster.

I disagree.  They needed to learn the plays, develop chemistry.  They were rookies drafted late--rough route runners. They needed time with proehl.  We got them because they are developmental players-

If the Panthers had gone 7-9, you would have seen more of them.

They are not going to be #1 or even #2 probably, but there is a place for players like this in the rotation.

Posted · Report post

I think King has potential idk bout McButt

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I disagree.  They needed to learn the plays, develop chemistry.  They were rookies drafted late--rough route runners. They needed time with proehl.  We got them because they are developmental players-

They are not going to be #1 or even #2 probably, but there is a place for players like this in the rotation.

this. many times young players who are not drafted in the early rounds simply do not get the burn or opportunity for various reasons. doesn't automatically mean they are worse than the guys ahead of them. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I can't wait to buy a Mcnutt jersey.

I hear McDonalds has them on sale.

You can also get your Tavarres King jersey at your friendly neighborhood Burger King!

Posted · Report post

"Great catch by McNutt, he has sticky hands."

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I hear McDonalds has them on sale.

You can also get your Tavarres King jersey at your friendly neighborhood Burger King!

Burger-King-NFL.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I feel bad for them

Posted · Report post

Based on their inability to get reps so far my guess is they are complimentary depth players at best. Hope is not a strategy. Wish these guys the best but I don't think the answer is currently on our roster.

I miss the logic on this. So they were drafted late because their route running was bad and they are developmental players but these guys are adequate and would get an opportunity for PT as long as the team is below .500 and out of the playoff race but as long as we are winning and have better options they don't get a chance? Your second sentence regarding them being a #1 or 2 basically reiterates my point about their ceiling as complimentary players.

So you are essentially saying they are not great but without a better alternative we should give them a chance?

Is that basically it?

Posted · Report post

I miss the logic on this. So they were drafted late because their route running was bad and they are developmental players but these guys are adequate and would get an opportunity for PT as long as the team is below .500 and out of the playoff race but as long as we are winning and have better options they don't get a chance? Your second sentence regarding them being a #1 or 2 basically reiterates my point about their ceiling as complimentary players.

So you are essentially saying they are not great but without a better alternative we should give them a chance?

Is that basically it?

No they needed time to learn and playing time.

Hopefully they are quick learners

Posted · Report post

I am calling this right now. We bring in a vet to be our #1. He will go down either in the preseason or in the first few weeks of regular season play. We'll draft a rookie who is relegated to a rotational slot guy before said injury to our vet. King, McNutt, and rookie will explode and shock us all by being big time for us and playing above expectations.

Super Bowl and the team showers the Charlotte streets with $100 bills and barbecue.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So...

McNutt- 85 rec. 1530 yards 15 td
King- 92 rec. 1420 yards 12 td

I think you're underestimating King.