Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SI's day 3 diamonds for Panthers

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How fast has he ran the 40? Not that that means he will be any good, but just curious.

Posted · Report post

Would be happy with him or Kevin Norwood from Bama in the middle rounds.

Norwood said

"[Carolina] told me they really like me and hope I won't get picked before they pick me,"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2014/03/24/2014-nfl-draft-diary-kevin-norwood-alabama-crimson-tide/6814225/

How fast has he ran the 40? Not that that means he will be any good, but just curious.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/bruce-ellington?id=2543646

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We drafted Smith in 2001. How many WRs have been drafted since then who wound up being as good as Smith? Zero. How many WRs in the history of the NFL have been like Smith? Zero. But this is the draft where every little WR is going to be similar to Smith? Hell no. Draft big WRs with big hands so Cam can toss it up high to them in the endzone and they can win the jump ball. That's the main problem with our offense. Bogging down in the redzone against top rated defenses. We need size more than a little slot recriver, that's a luxury. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i swear we will constantly be told that we need to find another smitty-like receiver.

sorry folks, there will never be another smitty. greatest pound for pound receiver of all time. find receivers that fit with Cam's style. the end.

good players fit any style, on day 3 Ellington would be a good value no matter who you compare him to. He can run and catch.

Posted · Report post

i swear we will constantly be told that we need to find another smitty-like receiver.

sorry folks, there will never be another smitty. greatest pound for pound receiver of all time. find receivers that fit with Cam's style. the end.

What we really need now is a 4 foot white asian farmer who runs a 2.5 sec 80 with a 30 foot vert. It's the only way #gettleman earns his #loyalty badge back.

Posted · Report post

anyone > gamecock players

Posted · Report post

We drafted Smith in 2001. How many WRs have been drafted since then who wound up being as good as Smith? Zero. How many WRs in the history of the NFL have been like Smith? Zero. But this is the draft where ever little WR is going to be similar to Smith? Hell no. Draft big WRs with big hands so Cam can toss it up high to them in the endzone and they can win the jump ball. That's the main problem with our offense. Bogging down in the redzone against top rated defenses. We need size more than a little slot reciever, that's a luxury.

Step 1: Draft Benjamin or Matthews in the first.
Step 2: Draft Moncrief or Coleman in the third.
Step 3: Draft Ellington in the fifth or sixth.
Step 4: Collect touchdowns.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Step 1: Draft Benjamin or Matthews in the first.
Step 2: Draft Moncrief or Coleman in the third.
Step 3: Draft Ellington in the fifth or sixth.
Step 4: Scrape Cam off the turf
Step 5: Pray for touchdowns.

FIFY

Posted · Report post

FIFY

We can find an OT in the 2nd this year.  Unless Lewan drops to us, there is absolutely no difference in what is likely to be available in the 2nd as there is in the 1st.  I sure as hell don't want Moses in the 1st.  We should be able to get Turner, Moses, or a number of other guys in the 2nd.  Besides, having legit WRs will help his protection too when he's not having to hold onto the ball because no one is able to get open.

Posted · Report post

You know what, I misread that list and completely agree. My bad.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm down.

Bruceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee