Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

Dorial Green-Beckham: If he falls to us on the clock in 2nd

If we take a T in the first, I'll be ok to take DGB in the second or third round.

he has not be in trouble in a year. the domestic incident, i find it hard to believe that a man would throw a women, down a flight of stairs, and not be charged for it. especially a 6'5 230 pound football player.

he has had a rough up bringing. he was in group homes, and foster care, for majority of his life. the guys needs someone to help him become a man. as much poo Jerry Jones gets, he should be commanded for helping Dez become the player he is. he would not allow Dez to become anything less then great, and did whatever he had to do, to make this happen. give DGB the Dez treatment, and watch him dominate. take a chance, and don't allow him to mess up.

Good point. If gettleman believes his caracter can be developed like his talent, hell pull the trigger

especially after this Hardy case, I have a hard time believing that Richardson would sign off on this

I believe JR is 100% hands Off

I think he lands in Seattle honestly, they are poor at wide receiver and are picking in the right area (bottom of the first, early second)

And he will dominate. Yall are judging him from mistakes he made as a adolescent. But him staying out of trouble for a year is a step in the right direction. But I don't know how often they drug test players who can't play.

If he's there in the 2nd rd and Gettleman had approved him after doing the research (the the big question mark), i would be in favor of drafting him. 

If Gett and the team do their due diligence and take the guy in the first, I will trust them.

One problem: The scenario you're basing your argument on doesn't actually happen.

If we're looking at two players in a given draft spot, they're going to be equally rated on talent. The team isn't gonna look at a guy with a third round grade as an option in the second round just because he has high character.

Character could be used to separate two guys graded with equal talent, but they're not gonna raise a guy's draft grade.

It's also a straw man because it's not like any given draft spot has only two guys to choose from. Even in the seventh round there are still plenty of choices available with no major character concerns attached.

Ok the target keeps moving so it's difficult to know where to aim.

The point is this org doesn't take risks on character issues. That's it. Nothing more. I'm not attacking the org it's my opinion backed by 20 years of watching this team operate. Your view is different. No biggie. I'm not gonna concede that this team has a win at all cost mentality because I've never seen this team do that.

The closest was the short run of riverboat Ron 4th downs.

Ok the target keeps moving so it's difficult to know where to aim.

The point is this org doesn't take risks on character issues. That's it. Nothing more. I'm not attacking the org it's my opinion backed by 20 years of watching this team operate. Your view is different. No biggie. I'm not gonna concede that this team has a win at all cost mentality because I've never seen this team do that.

The closest was the short run of riverboat Ron 4th downs.

After watching us sit through a season where we paid a guy 13 million to sit at home and do nothing, plus the drama surrounding guys like Ray Rice, Josh Gordon and Adrian Peterson, you still question why we would avoid character problems?

With the Rice story in particular, knowing how much of an image problem that was for the league and how hard they're gonna be looking at incidents like that, plus the fact that guys can now be made 'exempt' without allowing the legal process to play out, taking a chance on guys like that is a bigger risk than ever.

All the talent in the world doesn't mean jack s--t if they're not on the field.

No matter who the player is, Mr. Scot is always in one of these threads telling us what sort of villain the guy is.

Come on off your high horse already man.

He hasn't even entered the NFL yet, you cannot write his future.

After watching us sit through a season where we paid a guy 13 million to sit at home and do nothing, plus the drama surrounding guys like Ray Rice, Josh Gordon and Adrian Peterson, you still question why we would avoid character problems?

With the Rice story in particular, knowing how much of an image problem that was for the league and how hard they're gonna be looking at incidents like that, plus the fact that guys can now be made 'exempt' without allowing the legal process to play out, taking a chance on guys like that is a bigger risk than ever.

All the talent in the world doesn't mean jack s--t if they're not on the field.

Sigh*

I didn't mean for this little convo to get so serious.

I don't even know who the kid this thread is about is! Never heard of him, never even seen a picture.

My point was a generality. We don't take risks when it comes to character concerns, real, fake or otherwise.

I'm done now.

Lulz, Huddle Posters always give me a good laugh. Da'Rick was widely considered a first round talent here and around other fan sites. Point blank, DGB has been out of football for over a year and linked to substance abuse and domestic violence in a season where the NFL has been plagued.

I take that back. Comparing Rogers to Green-Beckham is atrocious simply because Da'Rick appears more mentally stable than Dorial.

This dude finished his career at Tennessee Tech, and couldn't beat regular defenders there.  There is no comparison, do you have a clue what the fug you're talking about? Da'Rick was barley considered a mid-round pick.  

No matter who the player is, Mr. Scot is always in one of these threads telling us what sort of villain the guy is.

I don't know if he's a villain.

Frankly I don't care.

What I'm talking about is the risk the team takes in picking a guy with known character issues.

It's about being smart with your investment.

Sigh*

I didn't mean for this little convo to get so serious.

I don't even know who the kid this thread is about is! Never heard of him, never even seen a picture.

My point was a generality. We don't take risks when it comes to character concerns, real, fake or otherwise.

I'm done now.

And I'm talking about why.

And you are the kind of guy who thinks buying lottery tickets each week is a sound invesment strategy for your future.