Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Panthers Mock Draft Rounds 1 - 3

Not sure where anyone pegs O'Leary as just a blocking threat. 

Has arguably the best hands of any TE in the draft. He won't be a down field burner, but underneath or in the flat he is money. 

Has arguably the best hands of any TE in the draft. He won't be a down field burner, but underneath or in the flat he is money.

For two yards?

If 90% of Collins game is stopping the run, but 90% of what he will be asked to do at the next level is stopping the pass, then you have to resolve this issue.

I don't see him as a center fielder at this point, but I will try to watch more vids

Against Syracuse O'Leary had 8 catches for 92 yards and a TD. 

He averaged 4 receptions a game in an offense with a ton of weapons. 

Not bad for a guy who can only block. 

Half look at combine performance as any sort of indication of a player's ability.

The other half understand football.

The combine only truly matters when someone performs way worse or way better than expected. That gets scouts' and GMs' attention and sends them back to look at the tape again. When a TE or H-back runs a 4.93...

The combine only truly matters when someone performs way worse or way better than expected. That gets scouts' and GMs' attention and sends them back to look at the tape again. When a TE or H-back runs a 4.93...

I don't care about his 40. The kid pulled his hamstring in his bowl game and didn't have nearly the same amount of time to prep for the combine as the other guys. 

I don't think Collins will be there at 25. There are no safeties worth a first round pick after him. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a strong safety in FA. 

I don't care about his 40. The kid pulled his hamstring in his bowl game and didn't have nearly the same amount of time to prep for the combine as the other guys. 

Look at all of his other measurables.  They were BAD.

If his hammy was still bothering him, he and his agents are idiots for having him go through the drills at the combine.  He should've just shown up to get measured, did his bench press reps, and went through his interviews and gotten out of Indy and headed onto his pro day.  His pro day becomes HUGE for him now. 

A lot of people over-hype the workout numbers.  If a guy is expected to be a mid-4.4s guy and he comes in and runs a 4.4 flat or a 4.5 flat, that's fine.  It doesn't change opinions on the player that he is.  It's basically what was expected.  Okay, he was slightly faster than we thought or he was slightly slower than we thought, but either way, our assumption of who he was as an athlete was basically confirmed.  Especially if the other workouts were good.  But, the opposite is also true.  A lot of people on the other side completely downplay the workouts as irrelevant.  That's just not true.  Those workouts tell you what type of raw athletic ability a prospect has.  That's important.  It gives you some type of indication of how that guy translates to the next level.  Look at O'Leary's measurables and try to find an NFL comp. 

The closest I can come up with is Henry Hynoski who is a quality NFL FB, but he went undrafted.

you're basically advocating drafting Jeff King two rounds earlier.

I almost spit up when reading this... good comparison. .

In a bad TE draft.. That's great igo.. let's waste a high draft pick on Jeff King..