Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Final Panthers Cuts

lol at Fozzy will definitely clear waivers but weghers won't. Weghers is almost, just almost as overrated as Lee Ward was on these boards. Fozzy proved to be a very useful player last year. He was the only RFA signed to a 2 year deal and was a captain last night with Klein and Jansen. It would be such a stupid decision to cut him for Wegher who hasn't proved a thing against first stringers. 

On this, we agree.

I think Fozzy played only sparingly last night because he's safe, and I agree he should be. He's arguably the best screen pass runner we have.

The fight for the final RB spot was between Wegher and Todman, and I think Todman won.

And while it is very possible Wegher gets picked up on waivers, I don't buy that it's an absolute lock.

• Pie 1

On the line, while I'm not dead certain Amini Silatolu gets cut, it wouldn't shock me at all.

On this, we agree.

I think Fozzy played only sparingly last night because he's safe, and I agree he should be. He's arguably the best screen pass runner we have.

The fight for the final RB spot was between Wegher and Todman, and I think Todman won.

And while it is very possible Wegher gets picked up on waivers, I don't buy that it's an absolute lock.

yup couldn't agree more. Fozzy is the perfect 3rd down complement out of the backfield. He's the best receiving back and has a resume  in the NFL. I would be furious if Fozzy is cut for Wegher.

Todman is an upgraded Fozzy, complete with better NFL stats. 

No reason to keep both. 

You people comparing Wegher and Fozzy are silly. Wegher can be an every down back in this league. Fozzy, not so much. 

• Pie 6

Stewart's health is not a given this year. 

We need backups who can carry the ball full time if need be. 

That is CAP and Wegher.

Fozzy and Todman should be in competition for that scat back role. 

• Pie 4

Todman is an upgraded Fozzy, complete with better NFL stats. 

No reason to keep both. 

You people comparing Wegher and Fozzy are silly. Wegher can be an every down back in this league. Fozzy, not so much. 

Best 53 players.

• Pie 1

Big mistake if we cut Wegher IMO.  Dude has the physicality and skills to be a starter in the league.  If he gets a step or two before contact, he is getting 3+ yards every carry.  He gets low and drives forward with his legs, plus he has the vision to pop it outside and the speed to make the corner.  Plus he seems to be doing good on ST coverage. 

Todman is fast and a great scat-back but he needs space to really get going.  While he's perfect for the random screen pass or RB draw, he's not even close to an every down back.  Same with Fozzy, but Todman shows a lot more burst and speed. 

Here's to hoping we keep 4 RBs: J Stew, CAP, Wegher, and Todman.

• Pie 1

Fozzy is surprisingly stout as a blocker. Wegher is not. I think with who runs our offense that is a deciding factor in who makes the squad. 

I disagree Wegher blocks better in my opinion.

Best 53 players.

Eh, too much is made of that platitude. 

If they had a really great second punter would they keep him? Of course not. 

Mainly used as a phrase to keep the guys motivated. 

I think Wegher looks as solid as can be. If the line blocks 3 yrds, he gets 5. If he gets to the edge, he gets 15. He puts his shoulders down and runs behind his pads. If he ever gets the opportunity to run behind our (or any) 1st team o-line, i think he does big things. I would rather see this playout in a panthers uni.

• Pie 3

I think Amini gets cut.  He has been often injured, and when healthy has been ineffective.

I have not considered this, but it seems logical.

If Wegher is cut NE will grab him quick( yall know NE wants all the white RBs.. j/k kinda) 

and that 81 guy didnt look to bad for all the huddle talking so down on him. Him and Funch kinda play the same to me.

• Pie 1

Fozzy looked the most average last night again. 

Fozzy did look as good as CAP but he looked better than Todman and Wegher while playing better players.  Fozzy is going to stay but CAP is going to get more snaps for sure.  Todman will stick with another team this year for sure and after a year on PC Wegher is def going to push Fozzy but not this year because he is not ready. 

Wegher performed as well or better in every week of preseason.  When Stewart got barely a yard a carry last week. Weghers bagged 3+ YPC   You play when you are told to play. 

Maybe they didn't play him with the first to keep him hungry but IMO cutting him before Fozzy is wrong.   If you are going to keep the best 53 than keep the best 53.  If Wegher is 54 then so be it.  IMO he is top 53.

I don't care if he was the last UDFA to sign with a team this off-season.  He is a gem and we are going to find out one way or another.  Hopefully, DG would prefer it in a Panther Uniform.

I have been pulling for him from day one.  Will I implode if he doesn't make it.  NOPE but when he becomes a stud with another team.  I will, along with many others on this forum, say I told you so.