Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

HornetsSting

Glimmer of hope.. Panthers have literally only lost back to back road games one time in the entire Rivera era.

Recommended Posts

2016, we had the Seahawks/Raiders back to back road games, lost both of them. Keep in mind also that back to back west coast away games are SUPER tough, so you can even sort of forgive that. But besides that, as hard as it is to believe, in the entire 7 years in the Rivera era, we have only lost two consecutive road games once. Oh and yes, we have had back to back road games EVERY season, so it’s a big sample size.

As much as I am FULLY on the fire Rivera bandwagon and have 0 confidence we EVER win a SB with him at the helm, I will say that even I, eternal pessimist have a positive outlook on next week’s game. 

Edited by HornetsSting
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I’m thinking that scene from Bruce Almighty,...about the day Monkeys will fly out of the butt statement by the bullies,..

Bruce just says, “that would be Today”

funny movie— my favorite is when he makes Evan Baxter go nuts on live TV,..

that is all,...

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HornetsSting said:

2016, we had the Seahawks/Raiders back to back road games, lost both of them. Keep in mind also that back to back west coast away games are SUPER tough, so you can even sort of forgive that. But besides that, as hard as it is to believe, in the entire 7 years in the Rivera era, we have only lost two consecutive road games once. Oh and yes, we have had back to back road games EVERY season, so it’s a big sample size.

As much as I am FULLY on the fire Rivera bandwagon and have 0 confidence we EVER win a SB with him at the helm, I will say that even I, eternal pessimist have a positive outlook on next week’s game. 

 

    I applaud your optimism.And that is a pretty good stat for us. But I would bet most folks are not in the frame of mind to listen to you.

 

    I have been on this board for dang near 10 years. And I have never seen the level of negativism, and hatred, as there is now. It truly seems like folks are ready to start a rebuild right smack dab in the middle of our window. Fans, you just have to love em.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JARROD said:

I’m thinking that scene from Bruce Almighty,...about the day Monkeys will fly out of the butt statement by the bullies,..

Bruce just says, “that would be Today”

funny movie— my favorite is when he makes Evan Baxter go nuts on live TV,..

that is all,...

 

    This truly does explain a lot of your posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

 

    This truly does explain a lot of your posts.

I hope so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HornetsSting said:

2016, we had the Seahawks/Raiders back to back road games, lost both of them. Keep in mind also that back to back west coast away games are SUPER tough, so you can even sort of forgive that. But besides that, as hard as it is to believe, in the entire 7 years in the Rivera era, we have only lost two consecutive road games once. Oh and yes, we have had back to back road games EVERY season, so it’s a big sample size.

As much as I am FULLY on the fire Rivera bandwagon and have 0 confidence we EVER win a SB with him at the helm, I will say that even I, eternal pessimist have a positive outlook on next week’s game. 

How many times does that back to back involve the defending super bowl champ for the 2nd game....

Love the optimism you are trying to find though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

 

    This truly does explain a lot of your posts.

Wait,.. so you didn’t like Bruce Almighty? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty meaningless stat though. If you want to literally look at just back-to-back weeks where we were on the road both times, you're correct. But we've lost consecutive road games other times before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

That's a pretty meaningless stat though. If you want to literally look at just back-to-back weeks where we were on the road both times, you're correct. But we've lost consecutive road games other times before.

Yeah, this is kind of ridiculous. We have lost our last 4 road games in the regular season dating back to last year (5 if you count the Saints playoff game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×