Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The Interview Circuit

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Head coaching interviews that have been reported or rumored so far, placed in general order according to who's drawing the most interest.

Not gonna quote the entirety. 

But thank you for the relevance, research, and time you put in your posts! - Viewer 

So yeah, this is not a joke, not a parody, not a story from The Onion and not a drill. It's really happening.

2 minutes ago, Pissed-Off-Carolina-Chuck said:

Quit making threads!!! Youre not even a mod

Quit quoting entire posts, especially long ones, very annoying.

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Browns doing things that make sense is a little too far out a concept for me to wrap my mind around :thinking:

Well except for the time that Kevin Costner outwitted the whole league...

2 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Well except for the time that Kevin Costner outwitted the whole league...

Watching the Browns succeed was how you knew it was just a movie.

But hey, at least the Browns were smart enough to fire Hue Jackson.

I can't imagine the kind of self-loathing that it takes to be a Bengals fan.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Watching the Browns succeed was how you knew it was just a movie.

But hey, at least the Browns were smart enough to fire Hue Jackson.

I can't imagine the kind of self-loathing that it takes to be a Bengals fan.

Got a friend who is a died in the wool Browns fan and she and I have joked about the fact that she loves that movie more than any season in her living memory.

2 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Got a friend who is a died in the wool Browns fan and she and I have joked about the fact that she loves that movie more than any season in her living memory.

I grew up with a Browns fan, but he and I are old enough remember a time when they were at least half decent.

Of course, that was the old Browns, wasn't it? Say what you want about him, and Lord knows plenty has been said, but Modell did at least build a winner.

The new Browns have been an absolute disaster pretty much from the beginning.

A few updates...

Eric Bieniemy has chosen not to interview with the Cardinals, but accepted an offer to interview with the Bengals (when you get passed over in favor of the Bengals...ouch).

On the flipside, Josh McDaniels said a polite "no" to an offer to interview with the Bengals.  They've since shifted their interest to Bucs OC Todd Monken and, of course, Hue Jackson.

Speaking of Jackson, if he doesn't get the Bengals job, old colleague Mike Zimmer might give him a shot to be the Vikings next temporary OC.

The Packers are planning to interview Saints OC Pete Carmichael for their head coaching job along with Dan Campbell.

The Buccaneers have reportedly added Kris Richard and Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly to their list of potential candidates.

The Jets have added Adam Gase to their interview schedule.

On the assistant front, although it's generally expected that Dirk Koetter will get the Falcons OC job, they have also reportedly interviewed Mike Mularkey (who's also held that job before).

Also of note: the Browns are denying permission to other teams who want to interview Freddie Kitchens as an OC prospect. Nobody outside Cleveland has asked about him as a potential head coach (yet).

In executive news, The Dolphins have "reassigned" Mike Tannenbaum away from the football side of their operation (yeah, he's fired). The Raiders went the more direct route, firing VP of Player Personnel Joey Clinkscales (because Gruden).

On the flipside, the 49ers are interested in possibly bringing failed Colts GM Ryan Grigson aboard their operation.  An operation which, by the way, already included former Lions GM - and an architect of their 0-16 season - Martin Mayhew (because 49ers).

Looks like Saints DC Dennis Allen is hitting the circuit too.  He's getting an interview with the Dolphins.

Also just saw that the Raiders have added Ryan Grigson to their front office, because hey why not?

Side Note: This guy the Raiders fired actually has a pretty good rep.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:24 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Head coaching interviews that have been reported or rumored so far, placed in general order according to who's drawing the most interest.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs Offensive Coordinator: Buccaneers, Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets

Dan Campbell, Saints Assistant Head Coach / TE Coach: Browns, Cardinals, Packers

Zac Taylor, Rams Quarterback Coach : Bengals, Broncos, Cardinals

Brian Flores, Patriots LB Coach: Broncos, Browns, Packers

Mike Munchak, Steelers Offensive Line Coach: Broncos, Dolphins, Packers

Mike McCarthy, Fired Packers Head Coach: Browns, Jets (expected), Buccaneers (rumored)

Vic Fangio, Bears Defensive Coordinator: Broncos, Dolphins

Kris Richard, Cowboys DB Coach / Pass Defense Coordinator: Dolphins, Jets

Josh McDaniels, Patriots Offensive Coordinator: Bengals, Packers

Chuck Pagano, Former Colts Head Coach: Broncos, Packers

Kliff Kingsbury, USC Offensive Coordinator: Cardinals, Jets

Jim Caldwell, Former Lions Head Coach: Browns, Packers, Jets (reportedly interested)

Shane Waldron, Rams Passing Game Coordinator: Bengals

Matt Eberflus, Colts Defensive Coordinator: Browns

Nick Sirianni, Colts Offensive Coordinator: Browns

George Edwards, Vikings Defensive Coordinator: Buccaneers

Todd Monken, Buccaneers Offensive Coordinator: Jets

Matt LaFleur, Titans Offensive Coordinator: Packers

Kevin Stefanski, Vikings Offensive Coordinator: Browns

Bill Lazor, Bengals Offensive Coordinator: Bengals

Darrin Simmons, Bengals Special Teams Coordinator: Bengals

Freddie Kitchens, Browns Offensive Coordinator: Browns

Gregg Williams, Browns Interim Head Coach: Browns

Adam Gase, Fired Dolphins Head Coach: Cardinals

Darren Rizzi, Dolphins Assistant Head Coach / Special Teams Coach: Dolphins

Dirk Koetter, Fired Buccaneers Head Coach: Falcons (OC)

Darrell Bevell, Former Seahawks Offensive Coordinator: Jaguars (OC)

Vance Joseph, Fired Broncos Head Coach: Bengals (position unknown)

How many of those are just for show?  Checking the box if you get my drift...

Am interested to see who you guys think would do a better job than Ron from that list of candidates... to me nobody really stands out except maybe Arians

On 1/1/2019 at 11:01 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Every time I see or hear the name "Jim Bob Cooter" I can't help but wonder if that name is the longest running troll job in the history of pro sports. I just can't wrap my mind around the possibility of that actually being a real name. That's straight out of The Onion.

Maybe you should... Google Jim Bob Cooter. ;)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Slapdad

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • its nutrition related https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/beto-orourke-ate-dirt-after-losing-to-ted-cruz
    • You seem the one with the agenda. Truth is regardless of your negative feelings about Norv and what he didn't do in Minnesota, the Panthers offense looked pretty potent until Norv couldn't scheme around Cam's shoulder once teams figured out that he couldn't throw the deep ball. With all our weapons and Norv in control this offense is going to be top 10 in points scored which is the only stat that counts. What really matters is not the past but the present and immediate future.  Norv has done a great job adapting the offense around Cam and our options. Apparently he must have learned a ton of things virtually overnight because all the things you are accusing him of lacking, he did a great job of exhibiting last season.
    • We are spending $80 billion a year to lock up 2.2 million people, hundreds of thousands of whom have not been convicted of a crime and are solely in jail because they can’t afford their bail. We are criminalizing poverty. And because of the historical legacy of racism in this country, we are disproportionately criminalizing African Americans, Latinos, and Native Americans. With increased detention of immigrants under the Trump administration, private prisons are becoming more widespread and more profitable. We need real, comprehensive criminal justice reform now. We must: End, once and for all, the destructive “war on drugs,” including legalizing marijuana. Eliminate private prisons and detention centers. End cash bail. Abolish the death penalty. End all mandatory minimums and reinstate the federal system of parole. Seriously reform civil asset forfeitures. Bring about major police department reform. Prevent employers from discriminating against applicants based on criminal history by “banning the box.” https://berniesanders.com/issues/criminal-justice-reform/