• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jackson113

Are you happy with the current direction of the Panthers at this time.

Are you happy with the current direction of the panthers?   

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with current direction of the Panthers right now

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I've seem more dissatisfaction with 9 months of Tepper's ownership than I saw in the last 25 years of Jerry Richardson...who more than failed the franchise, he was an embarrassment.

Why is this?

29 minutes ago, Lumps said:

I've seem more dissatisfaction with 9 months of Tepper's ownership than I saw in the last 25 years of Jerry Richardson...who more than failed the franchise, he was an embarrassment.

Why is this?

Because the team and social media are more popular now than they were in our worst JR seasons

Edited by MechaZain

29 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Why is this?

Because Tepper was expected to be a breathe of fresh air after 25 years of Richardson's stench. We aren't seeing that whatsoever.

LOGO AT MIDFIELD THO

54 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Why is this?

Many are just pissed because he didn’t fire Rivera or Hurney 

I'm even keel on it. There are some decisions that I am happy about (business decisions, retaining Rivera when the HC market left much to be desired, forcing Rivera to take on defensive play calling, insistence on greater reverence given to analytics, etc). There are some decisions that I have not been happy about such announcing TD's departure rather than seeing if he could be kept on a team-friendly deal and likely the same for Peppers. Finally, there are decisions that I have to wait and see on (Cam's shoulder, Matt Kalil (ugh), free agency, etc).

11 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

doesn't really matter who your DL coach is when your best pass rusher is Mario Addison. KK is overpaid, Poe is trash, Butler is a bust, and there aren't better options behind those guys.

Addison had 9 sacks which is pretty good considered the secondary was so porous quarterbacks didn't have to hold the ball at all with corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.  It was pitch and catch all year. Without a secondary no line can get consistent pressure. I think KK had a down year but that was likely due to not having Star anymore given Poe clearly underperformed.  I never liked Butler at all and always thought Love was more productive. As for no one behind them, it seems a great opportunity for guys like Haynes and Newhouse among others to step up their game and garner a spot. 

1 hour ago, Lumps said:

Why is this?

Because folks wanted to tear it all down and fire everyone. Folks wanting that clearly don't know that money managers like Tepper take risks like signing Reid when other teams won't going against the tide, but they don't just take risks without knowing that their analytics are sound and the choices are good ones. Then they hold what they have until it eventually pays off using a patient long term approach.  Tepper is doing the same thing here. While everyone else is firing everyone looking for the next wunderkind,  Tepper is making strategic changes given the landscape. If we don't have a good year he will be more aggressive down the road as circumstances dictate. After all most of the complaints are about the past whereas Tepper has been here less than a year.

yes, since tepper manages a hedge fund he obviously knows how to do everything.  matter of fact he is also now performing open heart surgeries using those same analytical approaches he uses with the markets.  its really amazing, i'm just now discovering that if i am good at one thing, it means i'm good at everything.  wow, i have been the best in the world at something.  i guess i'm the best at everything.

You really won’t know what direction Tepper is taking this team until after 2019. I don’t think he wanted to blow everything up after only one season. And honestly, Arians is the only HC candidate worth a damn

Lets see...

Started 6-2.

Finished 7-9.

Ron and Hurney retained.

Washington retained as DC.

QB1 has a deteriorating shoulder that can't throw 20 yds.

LT is a mystery with too much money in the position to effect change.

No real discernible financial plans.

Holes all over the roster.

And to cap it all off, who is set to turn it all around?

Ron and Marty...

so yeah Im pleased as fuggin punch with this current direction.

• Pie 3