Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Kyle Bailey suggests defense going 3-4 is an option

Recommended Posts



I don't know about this?? We need atleast 3 3/4 outside pass rushers.. Has Luke ever played 3/4? No doubt he is smart enough to do it but Shaq??? Ohhhhhh .. We would also have to get a backup nose tackle and anothe DE..  And This still doesn't include improving the secondary.  Do we have the money to make this move??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

I don't know about this?? We need atleast 3 3/4 outside pass rushers.. Has Luke ever played 3/4? No doubt he is smart enough to do it but Shaq??? Ohhhhhh .. We would also have to get a backup nose tackle and anothe DE..  And This still doesn't include improving the secondary.  Do we have the money to make this move??

Could actually cost less to fill the holes, 4-3 pass rushing DE  is an expensive hole to fill.  We might have the DTs on the roster to fill in the line, even if we need one it will be cheaper and easier to find than a pass rushing DE.  We have several DEs on the team who actually fit the mold of a 3-4 OLB, its almost as if this has been in the plans. DTs become DEs in a 3-4, and we are much stronger at DT than DE atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man you guys and this writer hack are about 30 years behind,..

its just drafting great talent and then adjusting the scheme to fit the talent.

square schemes are how you get Jeff Fishers and John Foxes of the world.

Chicago, Chargers, Rams and a host of good others adjust their schemes to their players and we see the result.

you get to 16 and you have a DE, a 3-4 DE or or 3-4 type of OLB or a lighter faster OLB

the stiff says, I run a 4-3 and need a DE or else— the DE that’s there isn’t so good so he skips and gets a Center instead.

the great one says, that 3-4 Defensive end can smash from inside and sometimes push outside, I can put him in position to succeed.

draft the best guy and adjust, or be a square and die. 

The league evolved— the fans and more than half the coaches haven’t figured that out yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Could actually cost less to fill the holes, 4-3 pass rushing DE  is an expensive hole to fill.  We might have the DTs on the roster to fill in the line, even if we need one it will be cheaper and easier to find than a pass rushing DE.  We have several DEs on the team who actually fit the mold of a 3-4 OLB, its almost as if this has been in the plans. DTs become DEs in a 3-4, and we are much stronger at DT than DE atm.

I'm sorry I disagree..  I don't think we have anybody on the team now who is a starter quality 3/4 Olb.. I know ppl think Mario can do it but I've seen him drop back in pass coverage and it isn't good.. Plus he's past the age where he can just make that change body and mind wise.. If we make this move Mario should be cut to have money and get some actual 3/4 outside lb.. Hayes may have a chance but that's it.. This change would cost way more than getting a DE..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

I don't know about this?? We need atleast 3 3/4 outside pass rushers.. Has Luke ever played 3/4? No doubt he is smart enough to do it but Shaq??? Ohhhhhh .. We would also have to get a backup nose tackle and anothe DE..  And This still doesn't include improving the secondary.  Do we have the money to make this move??

Luke played ILB in a 3-4 in college 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Luke played ILB in a 3-4 in college 

 Where do you see a 3/4 defense??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

 Where do you see a 3/4 defense??

For some reason i thought they were a 3-4, but guess i was wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ncfan said:

For some reason i thought they were a 3-4, but guess i was wrong

Again I'm not saying he can't do it.. He is definitely smart enough and has the  drive to learn it quickly.   Kuechly is the least of my worries with this move..

It's the other 3 LB spots and dline that would have me scratching my head on this move..

And we still need to put some money into the secondary as well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they want to at least be somewhat more forward thinking, they would install a Bears/Chargers type defense which are technically 4-3 but with 3-4 fronts.  This allows them to use guys like Mack and Ingram insanely well.  That's the modern NFL.  It's not 4-3 or 3-4 black & white. The LB/EDGE talent is super interesting and versatile nowadays.    

And fact of the matter is, there's a lot of interesting EDGE talent this draft that fits the hybrid schemes like Sweat, Allen, Polite, Burns, etc.  

My personal sleeper: Ben Banagu

I honestly don't think we need Addison, Butler, or Shaq back no matter the scheme.  Elsewhere, Short is totally a capable 3-4 DE mold, Kuechly is fine inside (could pair with the sensational Devin White to the dismay of the Huddle).  You can maintain a zone heavy secondary actually better with a multi-front look.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Man you guys and this writer hack are about 30 years behind,..

its just drafting great talent and then adjusting the scheme to fit the talent.

square schemes are how you get Jeff Fishers and John Foxes of the world.

Chicago, Chargers, Rams and a host of good others adjust their schemes to their players and we see the result.

you get to 16 and you have a DE, a 3-4 DE or or 3-4 type of OLB or a lighter faster OLB

the stiff says, I run a 4-3 and need a DE or else— the DE that’s there isn’t so good so he skips and gets a Center instead.

the great one says, that 3-4 Defensive end can smash from inside and sometimes push outside, I can put him in position to succeed.

draft the best guy and adjust, or be a square and die. 

The league evolved— the fans and more than half the coaches haven’t figured that out yet

all those words but didn't say anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not that big a fan of the idea, but I will say this: I've seen a lot of drafts where it was way easier to find a good 3-4 OLB than it was to find a good 4-3 DE.

Is this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mjligon said:

all those words but didn't say anything

Feels like that sometimes ha.

The point is better teams draft the best players and fit their scheme to the player,.. the square teams have a square scheme and try to find players that seem to only fit what they want. 

The point is don’t be a square,... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...