• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I put CJ's failures on the coaching staff. On paper, he's a perfect compliment to CMC and he did just fine for the Rams once we let him go. Granted, they had a much better OL than we did but he still averaged a solid 4.3ypc for us. We just didn't want to play him for some reason. We should've had a Kamara-Ingram style 1-2 punch but we seem hellbent on trying to run CMC into the ground prematurely instead.

The fact that we still have the same coaching staff who made that decision (and others) is a big reason why I'm not up for premature celebration.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah... no. Neither player had a torn ACL.

Meant two serous injuries. You get the point 

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the primary driving force behind the 3-4 talk is making an excuse for last year's poor defense. I kind of respect Ron for not throwing Washington under the bus, but he should've taken that defense over much sooner than he did.

I can buy into that.  But it’s also much easier to find 3-4 LBs than 4-3 DEs

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The fact that we still have the same coaching staff who made that decision (and others) is a big reason why I'm not up for premature celebration.

It's not like CMC wasn't great, I just question how long he'll last with that type of workload. I'm afraid we may have already ran Cam into the dirt. I don't want to repeat that mistake.

I mean, we have the same team swap Paradis for Kalil. I’m not fretting but definitely ain’t shittin rainbows.

• Pie 2

Tbh, free agent signing hasn't been Hurney's problem. His problem was signing our own guys to big contracts. He seemed to have figured that out.

That and his 2009-2012 drafts was what killed Hurney 1.0. 1.0 was a solid GM before the Arizona game of 2009.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not like CMC wasn't great, I just question how long he'll last with that type of workload. I'm afraid we may have already ran Cam into the dirt. I don't want to repeat that mistake.

Remind me: What was Williams injury?

(too lazy to look it up)

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're free to celebrate if you want to.

I'm free to point out that early celebrations often wind up being followed by disappointment (such as last year).

Hence, why I prefer to stay cautiously optimistic rather than getting my hopes up.

You absolutely are, however nothing about anything you've posted says, "cautiously optimistic." 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remind me: What was Williams injury?

(too lazy to look it up)

Dislocated kneecap and torn MCL.

MCL is no big deal. The dislocated kneecap is almost certainly why there wasn't much of a FA market for him.

Recurrent Kneecap Dislocations

When the kneecap comes out of joint the first time, ligaments that were holding the kneecap in position are torn. The most important torn structure is called the medial patellofemoral ligament, or MPFL. This ligament secures the patella to the inside (medial) of the knee. When a kneecap dislocation occurs, the MPFL must be torn. Once the MPFL is torn, it often does not heal with proper tension, and the kneecap can subsequently dislocate more easily. That is why recurrent dislocation of the kneecap occurs in a high percentage of patients who have this injury.

It’s progress.

The team needs to be built to last. I’m glad to see that one side of the trenches is getting built the right way.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not predicting anything good or bad. I actually like the moves I've seen so far, but I've also liked moves that were made in other years where we ended up not looking so hot.

Heck, just in just the last few days when we hadn't signed anyone, we were pointing to the need for patience and poking fun at other teams for celebrating Super Bowl victories in March, and rightly so.

It doesn't suddenly start making sense when it's us doing it.

Nice blatant spin...nobody criticizes other teams for signing good players to very cap-friendly deals as we have done lol. All the “poking fun” comes from teams offering insane contracts to all the big names.

I love the anti-Hurney Chicken Littles littering the board in thread after thread with incredibly premature criticisms like “Eric Reid was overpaid!” when the market hadn’t been set, and “Can’t believe we’re paying Torrey Smith $5 million for being a nice guy!!” when we can cut him at any point within the next ~6 months, and now after Hurney makes some objectively solid signings...it’s “Woah woah hold on...let’s practice a little patience and see how things play out first”. Too funny.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I like the moves. I also liked the Dontari Poe signing, so there's that to consider as well. LOL!

I still dont know if poe is that bad, year 2 with Ron calling the plays night make the whole D look better including Poe. He was very good not that long ago!

• Pie 1

this whole marty hurney redemption arc is as lame as that fuging “hurndog” moniker

• Pie 2