Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

SetfreexX

According to Tepper, The ''Obvious Ones''

We have to get another offensive lineman, another pass rusher, another safety, running back. Those are the obvious ones,” Tepper said when asked what’s left to in the roster-building process. “Could there be a quarterback somewhere [in the draft]? It's not impossible.”

https://www.panthers.com/news/david-tepper-takes-in-first-annual-league-meeting

Edited by SetfreexX
  • Pie 1

Tepper is insanely transparent sometimes it almost feels like over sharing. 

• Pie 2

Fan speculation time gents, is that the order of the first four Panther picks, or a coincidence....?

It's just that time of year and news is slow after our little free agency push.  

• Pie 1

Suggests he keeps a closer watch on what is going on and likely is more involved in the decision making. Or at least he is more open with the media than Richardson was.

11 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Tepper is insanely transparent sometimes it almost feels like over sharing. 

yeah, over sharing the obvious ones. this info cannot get out. 

• Pie 6

We have people complaining in the thread that he shared too much, AND that he didn't share enough. Gotta love this place.

• Pie 1

Man.  If Tepper didn't say anything no one would know we need a safety, and edge rusher, and oline.  I thought these were closely guarded secrets.  We were gonna grab a edge rusher at 16 and people were all gonna be WHAT?!  WHERE DID THIS COME FROM!?!

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

yeah, over sharing the obvious ones. this info cannot get out. 

its not really about the information shared its the fact that in the past we never got football information from Richardson, its kinda jarring.

25 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

I'm glad Tepper knows his :poo:

Never thought of RB as a need but when you think about it, what happens if CMC goes down? We play like :poo:

Huddle hasn't talked much about our need for running back.  We've met with some, and I remember Ron saying he wanted someone closer to the RunCMC instead of a big back.  4th round?  5th round?  Ron also said there was good value in the draft at RB

I don't care what he shares about positions of need. It's not like everyone doesn't know that.

As long as you don't talk about specific players that you're targeting, no big deal. But heck, even there, it's not like your prospect meeting list is private.

My one concern is if there's thinking like "we need to get this position in this round" because that's how you wind up reaching for need.

everybody in this organization is clueless lol

• Poo 2