Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

WarPanthers89

Are we willing to pay 35 million per year for Cam?

Simple question. I love Cam, and want him as our QB for his entire career as along as he is healthy, but will the team be willing to pay top dollar for his services? In a year or two the price may go up even more so it’s not unrealistic to think Cam will expect a contract similar to Wilson’s. imageproxy.php?img=&key=7e7e9fcd50b54ebe

F134F0B0-BA1B-43AF-BA5C-F27F57B4B8A9.jpeg

27B683CB-EB63-42D5-95FB-799A67CB29DF.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89

He is worth a lot but that just seems crippling with where the cap is currently and if the trend continues, be in the future. The gap between QBs and the non QBs is widening at an alarming rate and in a league where competion is even in contracts that is alarming.

I love cam but if he starts asking for too much with the hiccups in his game then it'll be time to move on. 

Good thing is cam doesn't have the leverage Wilson had 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

A healthy Cam can command a lot, but Wilson is simply more accomplished. But I can see Cam getting in the 30 mil per year club if he displays decent arm strength in the coming season. Absolutely! If he can lead us to the Super Bowl while doing it, then 35 mil is certainly within reach, if not a certainty.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Depends on how his shoulder responds this year. I hope the answer is yes. I wouldn't have paid that much for Russell though

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

I wouldn't have paid that much for Russell though

Wilson has been the more accomplished QB, if not the outright better QB. Set the Haterade down!

• Beer 1
  • Poo 3

6 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Depends on how his shoulder responds this year. I hope the answer is yes. I wouldn't have paid that much for Russell though

They have no choice the defense isn't the same 

Wilson is the best player on the team

They couldve traded him and draft a Qb but then they would be hoping he turns out to be Wilson or better

Seems like it's now or never mode for the Current Qb Coach and GM

I don't expect ALL three of these guys to be here in the next two years without winning a SB

There are a lot of pragmatic views in this thread that I did not anticipate...

If he's healthy, then yes. He hasn't been  healthy for 3 years now though, so I would not pay him that. He's still by far the best option at QB and best QB we've ever had, but his health is a major concern moving forward. 

Cam has major shoulder issues for 3 season now.  If you give him $35M annually than you are either 1). Cam homer or 2). Marty Hurney 1.0

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2