Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Gettleman is getting absolutely destroyed by national media... STILL

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Icege said:

Beason, JNo, Deangelo, Smitty... all players that had issues with him, were high profile cuts made by him, and by all accounts did not take kindly to the process.

Meanwhile, Michael Oher and Kenjon Barner have both spoken very highly of Gettleman. The accusations of ego have come from players that felt slighted by him.

That really doesn't give much credit to the narrative.

Neither one of the players you name were entrenched in this community or this team.. The others built their names as Panthers and felt apart of the family .. I'd take their opinion over a bunch of mercenaries happy to have a job..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I love how we're up to 8 or 9 players now saying the same thing about him from 2 different organizations. . And they were the problem..lol

At some point it isn't a big secret.. Gman's personality rubs ppl the wrong way.. And unless you have the rings Belicheck and Parcell have to back it up .. It doesn't play long..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Neither one of the players you name were entrenched in this community or this team.. The others built their names as Panthers and felt apart of the family .. I'd take their opinion over a bunch of mercenaries happy to have a job..

This is exactly the argument frash was making. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

This is exactly the argument frash was making. 

Then it's a stupid  point because as we have just seen.. You can let go of long term players who weren't ready to retire without them hating the organization for it...

Jonathan Stewart  situation seem to run smoothly without him rooting for Hurney to fail..

I know strange right..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply...Gettledouche is an Ahole...point blank....end of thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Luuuuuuke! said:

....and, he's a winner:

51-28-1

3 division titles.

Playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.

(franchise has 8 playoff appearances total in 24 years, Getty produced 50% of them in a 5-year time-frame)

res ipsa loquitur

 

Yes he is when he already has a franchise MVP QB a defensive player of the year candidate and 8 to 9 other pro bowl talent already on the roster.. You're right he knows how to win with a firm foundation already built for him. 

Let's see what happens in New York now thoe..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

1 hour ago, Luuuuuuke! said:

....and, he's a winner:

51-28-1

3 division titles.

Playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.

(franchise has 8 playoff appearances total in 24 years, Getty produced 50% of them in a 5-year time-frame)

res ipsa loquitur

 

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Yes he is when he already has a franchise MVP QB a defensive player of the year candidate and 8 to 9 other pro bowl talent already on the roster.. You're right he knows how to win with a firm foundation already built for him. 

Let's see what happens in New York now thoe..

What's sad is he did very little to add to the talent he inherited.  Many of his draft picks are already gone. me Two of his number one picks never made it to a new contract.   He jettisoned our best WR without a solid replacement.

I was on the DG bandwagon as our savior but in hindsight he did more harm than good to our franchise.

NY media will expose him as a lousy GM that he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe gettleman should sign post-cardinals game jake delhomme for 42 million. then davethepanther would be singing his praises...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

maybe gettleman should sign post-cardinals game jake delhomme for 42 million. then davethepanther would be singing his praises...

Well Matt Kali was just as good of a signing so I guess he didn't need to..

Can't live in a glass house and throw rocks..  Both of them had some horrible signing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Neither one of the players you name were entrenched in this community or this team.. The others built their names as Panthers and felt apart of the family .. I'd take their opinion over a bunch of mercenaries happy to have a job..

JNo, DeAngelo, and Beason entrenched in Charlotte? JNo chased $15M/yr, DeAngelo is a Steeler as far as he is concerned (and fans for that matter), and Beason lives in Miami.

All of those individuals were individuals that were paid by Hurney (or in Norman's case, waiting to be paid).

The alternate history provided by the Mendela effect does not give any credence to the claims of Gettleman being an egomaniac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Then it's a stupid  point because as we have just seen.. You can let go of long term players who weren't ready to retire without them hating the organization for it...

Jonathan Stewart  situation seem to run smoothly without him rooting for Hurney to fail..

I know strange right..

Jonathan stewart doesn’t have any known character flaws. He is a mature adult. Beason is the only one I can think of that doesn’t either and Gettleman did him a favor by trading instead of cutting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Icege said:

Beason, JNo, Deangelo, Smitty... all players that had issues with him, were high profile cuts made by him, and by all accounts did not take kindly to the process.

Meanwhile, Michael Oher and Kenjon Barner have both spoken very highly of Gettleman. The accusations of ego have come from players that felt slighted by him.

That really doesn't give much credit to the narrative.

Different experiences are going to shape their views, there is no question about that. But name another GM that has such a long list of ex-players who openly and publicly hate him? That stands out quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, Luuuuuuke! said:

....and, he's a winner:

51-28-1

3 division titles.

Playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.

(franchise has 8 playoff appearances total in 24 years, Getty produced 50% of them in a 5-year time-frame)

res ipsa loquitur

 

all Cam and Luke...and a little Rivera..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew DG was a questionable GM after that long pause when asked about Cam Newton's future with Carolina, during his initial press conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

classic overcompensator.  for what? being small and having a tiny weenie.  everybody knows somebody like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Different experiences are going to shape their views, there is no question about that. But name another GM that has such a long list of ex-players who openly and publicly hate him? That stands out quite a bit.

Mike Brown (rightfully) has been dragged, though he is an owner he has operated as GM.

Something to consider as well is the prevalence of social media and the greater freedoms being presented to players (as well as greater education of the general public thanks to the Internet not allowing many stories to go unheard) gives them a much more powerful megaphone than prior.

Not attempting to debate the quality of GM as that isn't going to change at this point once folks have made their minds up. We dont need to slander him though if his record speaks for itself. If anything, that shows a lack of faith in the data presented and an urge to appeal to emotion to redirect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...