Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
ncfan

Former Bobcat in Big3 tourney Rips Hornets after Kemba situation

Hopefully the national media picks up more d just slams MJ

Edited by ncfan

posted about it in the kemba thread so i’ll quote those posts here:

41 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

there are different expectations of different franchises. teams that are irrelevant in the mainstream eyes are supposed to “appreciate” their players (well, until a popular franchise or elite player comes to recruit them away). teams like charlotte are supposed to overpay their guys then get clowned on for their bad contracts. teams like the celtics? i already mentioned the baynes thing which is just a shitty thing to do but i guess not really on the level of mistreating a star. but the way they did isaiah thomas? lol. but it’s ok because boston’s trying to “compete” right? weird how they then scapegoat kyrie for getting mad at the young “talent” for not taking the season seriously. run him out of town. run horford out of town. horford is a good player and a good locker room guy. did they not appreciate him?

whats happening here is there’s a convenient preexisting narrative for jackson to exploit in order to air his own grievances. we didn’t pay him after his less than 2 full seasons in charlotte as an inefficient mercenary and he fell the fug off immediately afterward. now he associates charlotte with the end of his career and the end of the big paychecks. he averaged like 20 ppg with charlotte but only made 19 million after his time was up here. we traded him at the peak of his value and it was absolutely, 100% the correct call. probably thinks we should have shown him more “appreciation” aka cash though lol 

24 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

we’re talking about a guy who couldn’t come to terms with the fact that he was washed. he’s in his feelings and you can tell he thinks he relates to the situation. but kemba probably has another all star game or two in him. jackson fell off hard and it’s not because charlotte didn’t “appreciate him” lol

The weird thing is that the Bobcats/Hornets had no issues cutting ties with him, Gerald Wallace and the rest of that supporting cast after one of the teams most successful seasons, but held their cards too long with the Kemba situation.  I really loved watching that team play.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hell, if anything they've been too good to players...just the wrong ones. 

If Kemba were a true supermax level guy, he would've gotten it. The max is overused to begin with and he was eligible because he squeaked onto the 3rd team thanks to stats put up on a poo team.  Give him a competent teammate last year...and he's not on an All-NBA team.  He's getting the max he deserves though, and will earn every dime of it.  A Supermax is fine if you're KD, Giannis, Kawhi, LBJ, Curry, etc. Kemba though? A Top 25 player who had one All-NBA season and chances are he's on the downswing of his prime?  Bad for PR, but the right move. 

Edited by CarolinaNCSU
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

If Kemba were a true supermax level guy, he would've gotten it. The max is overused to begin with and he was eligible because he squeaked onto the 3rd team thanks to stats put up on a poo team.  Give him a competent teammate last year...and he's not on an All-NBA team.  He's getting the max he deserves though, and will earn every dime of it.  A Supermax is fine if you're KD, Giannis, Kawhi, LBJ, Curry, etc. Kemba though? A Top 25 player who had one All-NBA season and chances are he's on the downswing of his prime?  Bad for PR, but the right move. 

Good analysis.

After Stephen Jackson had played for the Bobcats, he came back with another team to play a game in Charlotte. He stopped me and asked how do players get into the arena. I was like dude you played here for a while you should know where the players entrance is. He's a dumbass but he's right this is an awful organization 

Money is money. They got plenty for playing for the Bobcats/Hornets. How is that not appreciating? NBA is a organic moving business.

15 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Khris Middleton is getting a Max. I guess the Bucks didn’t have a choice, because if you lose him, you definitely lose Giannis. Plus, no one wants to play in Milwaukee, so you had to throw him the max. Reminds me of the Batum situation a bit. Shows the talent pool for elite players is not deep, either. 

Your post is spot on.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 2

I forgot about this guy. He’s a nobody. His most memorable moment in Charlotte was when somebody broke into his house off Carmel road and pistol whipped he and his his wife. 

15 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I agree with you that Kemba is not worth a supermax deal. I’m just befuddled that they let him go with absolutely nothing to show for it. 

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I forgot about this guy. He’s a nobody. His most memorable moment in Charlotte was when somebody broke into his house off Carmel road and pistol whipped he and his his wife. 

Oh, that's why he's salty.

6 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Khris Middleton is getting a Max. I guess the Bucks didn’t have a choice, because if you lose him, you definitely lose Giannis. Plus, no one wants to play in Milwaukee, so you had to throw him the max. Reminds me of the Batum situation a bit. Shows the talent pool for elite players is not deep, either. 

Your post is spot on.

Middleton's contract will be a mistake, but like you said they kinda have to.  Especially with their window being now.  Also helps that their owners are thought to have deep pockets, a new arena, and may not be scared to spend.  Losing Brogdon will hurt, though. 

golden state ditched iguodala the moment they felt it made sense for the franchise. not to mention the durant achilles ordeal. and hey, remember when myers “joked” at the parade that steph earned a max and durant hadn’t? someone get stephen jackson’s whiny ass on the phone.

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER
  • Pie 1

A few facts:

Mr. Jackson played 14 seasons in the NBA.  Mr. Jackson collected ~ $70,000,000 playing in the NBA.  Mr. Jackson  played for 8 different NBA teams.  Mr. Jackson played in 72 playoff games, started 58.

Mr. Jackson started all 24 playoff games for the World Championship San Antonio Spurs in the 2002-2003 season.

Mr. Jackson knows exactly of what he speaks.

Edited by Stoney
  • Pie 2