Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Glitchh

Eagles have franchise left tackle in Andre Dillard

12 minutes ago, t96 said:

Matt Kalil looked better in his rookie year regular season than Dillard so far in his preseason and look how that turned out... The guy has never played a real NFL snap and he’s a “franchise LT” now? Give me a break.

Yep. I wasn’t really a Dillard fan although I’m not happy to say that I liked him more than Little. Hopefully, we ended up with the right one, but 70 preseason snaps against non- starters is pretty meaningless.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Any rookie who.looks good in preseason is doing so with no game planning let's see how great they look when folks are blitzing and scheming against them.

This whole discussion is crazy really. 

10 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

This is a lie he gave up a sack and also the hit that got Nate Sudfeld injured , but i still think he gonna be a stud 

Two guys hit Sudfield but to say he didn’t give up a pressure isn’t true. Here’s the play:

And just so you know. The guy who made Dillard look bad and fall down is an UDFA rookie DT.

Reminds me more of the Senior Bowl where Dillard got beat badly quite a few times by other soon to be NFL rookies. That’s not a franchise LT yet. 

Edited by stbugs
  • Beer 1

Matt Kalil looked great his rookie year as well. I know that's a fluff piece but kind of silly to make proclamations after 2 preseason games.

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Two guys hit Sudfield but to say he didn’t give up a pressure isn’t true. Here’s the play:

And just so you know. The guy who made Dillard look bad and fall down is an UDFA rookie DT.

Reminds me more of the Senior Bowl where Dillard got beat badly quite a few times by other soon to be NFL rookies. That’s not a franchise LT yet. 

This is the key word

Dude has all sorts of tools.  But never had to run block, never had to block anything difficult scheme wise (WSU offense allowed 4 man boxes max).  Never faced any form of competition (toughest guy he faced in his career was a 6th-7th round guy.

He has come along a lot quicker than I predicted in camp, but again, he's faced 2nd and 3rd string guys. Thus far and is going to redshirt this year 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gold Blooded

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • we have one of our greatest defenses since 2013 rn and you're sitting here whining about the patriots defense like we should give a crap.  
    • the bye week is now gone and football week is upon us. this week, the panthers will have their biggest test yet going against the only undefeated NFC team in the 49ers.  additionally, kyle allen has already been deemed the starter, indicating the coach staff is indeed using their one brain cell to ensure cam newton comes back 100% healthy and not rush him back. so, with that being said, im sure a lot of u are wondering what this game entails as far as who is our starting quarterback going forward, so i present to you four scenarios: 1.) kyle allen plays like poo and loses -what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy. 2.) kyle allen plays well enough but panthers still lose -what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy. 3.) kyle allen plays well enough and the panthers win -what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy. 4.) kyle allen unlocks his inner peyton manning and has the game of his career, actively creating plays and clear primary factor for winning -what this means going forward: kyle allen remains the starter until cam newton is healthy. ___________ So, what am I trying to get at?  Simply put, it's one game against a very good team. As far as declaratives on this being Kyle Allen's clincher if he plays out of his mind, I really would be wary until he starts actively winning more. In my opinion, Kyle Allen has produced two poor games and two decent games thus far this season. He has not has a standout game yet where he's shown to be a similar or bigger playmaker than what a healthy cam newton provides. And this is coming from the fact I think Kyle Allen is a decent starter in this league. (more on that in this post.) So, what I'm saying is, for this season, a healthy Cam Newton is a far better player in terms of impact than Kyle Allen. Even if scenario four happens, I need to see a bigger sample size of those kind of games where he's an active reason for winning through playmaking ability. Even if the worst case scenarios happen, he'll still be the starter, since it's still a small sample size. In other words, nothing much has or will change.  
  • Masters of PIE !