Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

hepcat

On a lighter note, what other teams are you guys going to watch this year?

Win or lose, I will watch every Panthers game...15-1 or 1-15. However, I like watching Mahommes when I can and my son likes him. I also follow the Chargers and my other Wolfpack QBs not named Wilson. 

Not NFL, but if you are in the greater Charlotte area, consider supporting the Charlotte 49ers football team. If you want to see a team that plays with passion, they are the best show in town. Cheap tickets, beer is now available, and a great way to invest in your community. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CMCVP#22 said:

I was a huge Ron supporter when everyone was throwing him under the bus. But now it’s over.  Ian Thomas in the bench for Manhertz, Cam in the game just throwing ducks every which way.  Olsen catch the ball and jump down ASAP.   LT Williams was garbage Little in the bench.  Horrible coaching 

Little was inactive and honestly, I'm not putting any hope there until he shows he can match up with more than a 2nd teamer. Just MHO, not a great prospect picked by people that have a bad eye for what a LT is, William's should be starting there either and our brain trust was fine with it.

Chase and the special teams unit not included and I agree, horrible coaching.

I enjoy pulling for the Browns. I liked watching them when they had Kizer, and I loved watching the Baker Mayfield show last year (probably because he has the same confidence, swagger, and energy young Cam had). They were a really fun underdog last year, but I feel like they're overhyped this year. Still, I'll probably tune in to see them this weekend, and when a Panthers game gets too depressing, I might switch over to the Browns game in future weeks.

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Chargers. That's where the heart of the Panthers team signed. #58

He balled out last week too. Fug Hurney for letting him walk. 

Edited by Harbingers

Football hasnt been the same for me since SB50. 

Probably going to watch a lot of the Carolina Hurricanes. Might watch a lot of the chiefs games, too. Mahomes is a fun player to watch. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Living in Texas I've started following the Texans a bit. I like Deshaun Watson, I think he's an exciting player, reminds me of Cam when he was young a bit especially with the deep ball. Watson probably won't play very long so it'd be good to enjoy watching him play now. We get to see him play the Panthers in a couple weeks too.

Also as much as it pains me to say, I kinda like Dak Prescott. Not a Cowboys fan or rooting for them by any means...but the Cowboys just seem so much less hateable these days. Dak is also exciting to watch.

I like watching good football so, I'll also be watching these teams and enjoying.

Wanna know how painful the last couple of seasons have been for me when it comes to football?

I'm a bigger college football fan than I am an NFL fan and my alma mater's team has the college version of Ron Rivera.  

That's how painful.  PAINFUL.

And that has resulted in my increased enjoyment in Liverpool of the English Premier League, Atlanta United F.C. of the MLS, and the greatly improved Atlanta Braves (with a young, Cam-like budding superstar in Ronald Acuna) over the last couple of years.

Panthers 100%, going to try and watch more Canes regular season though this year, probably even go to a few games. If the panthers don’t make playoff territory then Chiefs and Packers. 

Seriously, who but fans of opposing teams are going to get excited about coming to BoA to watch football at this point?

If they can't beat the bucs at home on a short week (statistically the easiest games to win), how can you believe this team will be able to beat anyone?

Going to see a lot more PSL owners selling off their tickets and I can't imagine many panther fans lining up to spend a few hundred bucks to watch their team lose. Much better deal for fans of visiting teams.

If Tepper doesn't make a move quickly, he's going to kill any momentum he had going in generating broader excitement in the team. 

Agree on Houston, that team is so exciting to watch. I don't know if it's just because they were playing New Orleans on Monday, but I found myself really taking a liking to the Texans. Watson is exceptional and yeah, I see a little bit of Cam in him from time to time. Hopkins is one of the very best receivers in the league, also very fun to watch. That defense is a little rough though besides JJ, and the offensive line might as well be as bad as ours (Tunsil should help). 

Also obvious answer is the Saints just to root against them. Chiefs should be interesting too. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I'm pretty much done with football at this point. It's turning into something that just isn't all that fun anymore.

Thanks for sucking the fun out of it panthers, but hey....at least you get to keep that continuity thing going. Too bad the continuity wasn't centered on striving for excellence.

Same. Not the sports junkie I used to be to actively give a poo about other teams, added with the Panthers’ struggles I’m at a crossroads.

just care about how players on my FF teams do.. panthers is the only team for me.. just hoping like crazy tepper isn't another JR.