Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Grill Bill: Bill says enjoy the ride

3 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Cam consented to playing. He would have no chance to win that case.

In college, it did not matter.  Medical staff makes the call.   I am not sure about the pros, but since Cam is not a doctor and there were medical experts available, the only thing Cam would need to prove is that the medical staff had knowledge of the injury.  If the injury was Cam's secret, then maybe they could explain why Heinicke was inserted to throw a deep ball.  For example, in the case of a concussion, do you leave it up to the player? Nope. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

In college, it did not matter.  Medical staff makes the call.   I am not sure about the pros, but since Cam is not a doctor and there were medical experts available, the only thing Cam would need to prove is that the medical staff had knowledge of the injury.  If the injury was Cam's secret, then maybe they could explain why Heinicke was inserted to throw a deep ball.  For example, in the case of a concussion, do you leave it up to the player? Nope. 

Where does the guy standing on the grassy knoll fit into all of this? :thinking:

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

3 parties have to say yes. The doctors, the player and the coaches. If anyone of them says no then they don’t play.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This is so far detached from reality it's only amusing. The depth of BS peoole will allow their minds to dive into to contrive something like this is crazy.

Edited by Moo Daeng

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is a long shot--but I wondered before, "What would a player's agent do if the player was asked to play hurt and became unable to finish his contract?"  That seems applicable to what we know---but requires an active imagination for the rest.

but I have thought about the fact, Cam got hurt last year....played hurt down the stretch and looked bad.  He knew he couldn't get the job done at a high level.  Played anyway.  That tape is out there.

Now this year.  Hurt again.  Can't get the job done.  Now he has not one year of bad tape but two.  

The upcoming contract is the upcoming contact.  So I have thought about if you are Cam....what decision puts him personally in the best position when looking at the next contract? Playing hurt this year and more bad tape? 2 years of it? 

Well, that is tough negotiating for a new contract.   Cam is older.  Getting less Cam-like in many ways.  He doesn't  die inside like he use to over a game.  It doesn't consume him.  So to some degree it is becoming more of a business than it was.  So maybe he is just thinking business.  Maybe following Luck (not retirement, but a year off) puts him in the best position to negotiate his next contract.  Because if he is hurt w/ a foot/shoulder whatever.....he likely is the healthiest he could be this year.  Which just means more bad tape.  Even if the foot heels if the shoulder is going to take 6-8 games to work into shape (took Luck a lot of games to get his arm back right)…..why bother.  If the father of 4 is putting Cam and his contract over a game.

Who knows.  Watch him start next week lol

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Where does the guy standing on the grassy knoll fit into all of this? :thinking:

Even though the technology was not available in 1963, I am fairly certain the grassy knoll shooter was photoshopped in as a distraction to hide the real shooter's identity.  The bullet came from a four-year old child in the crowd--the one with the balloon, a signal that all was going according to plan. She was a Russian agent child hired by Jackie at a Cuban Cigar bar, who was still upset about the affair with Marilyn Monroe, if that was her real name. Never been debunked.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Even though the technology was not available in 1963, I am fairly certain the grassy knoll shooter was photoshopped in as a distraction to hide the real shooter's identity.  The bullet came from a four-year old child in the crowd--the one with the balloon, a signal that all was going according to plan. She was a Russian agent child hired by Jackie at a Cuban Cigar bar, who was still upset about the affair with Marilyn Monroe, if that was her real name. Never been debunked.

How comfortable is that jacket with the wraparound sleeves?  I've always wondered.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

but I have thought about the fact, Cam got hurt last year....played hurt down the stretch and looked bad.  He knew he couldn't get the job done at a high level.  Played anyway.  That tape is out there.

Now this year.  Hurt again.  Can't get the job done.  Now he has not one year of bad tape but two.  

The upcoming contract is the upcoming contact.  So I have thought about if you are Cam....what decision puts him personally in the best position when looking at the next contract? Playing hurt this year and more bad tape? 2 years of it? 

Well, that is tough negotiating for a new contract.   Cam is older.  Getting less Cam-like in many ways.  He doesn't  die inside like he use to over a game.  It doesn't consume him.  So to some degree it is becoming more of a business than it was.  So maybe he is just thinking business.  Maybe following Luck (not retirement, but a year off) puts him in the best position to negotiate his next contract.  Because if he is hurt w/ a foot/shoulder whatever.....he likely is the healthiest he could be this year.  Which just means more bad tape.  Even if the foot heels if the shoulder is going to take 6-8 games to work into shape (took Luck a lot of games to get his arm back right)…..why bother.  If the father of 4 is putting Cam and his contract over a game.

Who knows.  Watch him start next week lol

It's plausible.

The one thing that keeps turning me away from the idea that Newton might not want to play is that Schefter tweet. If it came from his agent, you'd have to figure they're likely sending a message.

Granted, we don't know that came from his agent, but who else would it make sense coming from?

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

This is so far detached from reality it's only amusing.

it's the bye week. 

I'm currently crafting a theory about real life Inception.  We are all stuck in the same  dream within a dream...while Cam and Igo are busy shutting down every burger joint in the Charlotte area. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Bartin said:

3 parties have to say yes. The doctors, the player and the coaches. If anyone of them says no then they don’t play.

Then how does Cam not have a case, as you said earlier?  If the doctors and coaches knew of the injury and approved it, Cam would have a case--the only factor we do not know is the verbiage of his contract.   This is often avoided because many players with huge contracts are insured or their contracts clearly state the terms of the deal in the event of injury.  I used to be friends with some NFL players and they would not play basketball, for example, because an injury would void their contract.  THey were allowed to train---that is about it.  Cam's kickball tournament is low-risk, which is why they do it.   Things may be different.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

How comfortable is that jacket with the wraparound sleeves?  I've always wondered.

I type behind my back.  Seriously, those of us with imaginations are world changers.  Enjoy the view as one of the herd.

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

Yet another thread about it will certainly settle this discussion once and for all. :eyeroll:

Those who talk about "player only" fans and "emotional attachments" seem to want to drag this discussion out as much as anyone else. The above the fray commentary is laughable.

To stop making threads about it would be a start. But then you would actually have to address the trolls that keep initiating this topic.

By far the biggest offenders of initiating/perpetuating this "Cam vs. Kyle" discussion are the hardcore "Cam fans" on the other side of the aisle as those you're criticizing.  Saca alone has made like 4 threads about it...but I don't see you putting your foot down in any of those.

Unless you're actually genuinely counting Jeremy's threads whose primary objective is to incite traffic and activity on his website...other than that, it's literally just that Sam Mills guy.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's the bye week. 

I'm currently crafting a theory about real life Inception.  We are all stuck in the same  dream within a dream...while Cam and Igo and busy shutting down every burger joint in the Charlotte area. 

At various times, I've been Scott Fowler, Igo's alt and a Panthers employee planted to influence opinion on this board.

Which one am I in this scenario?

(or do I have a new identity I hadn't heard of before?)

Just now, MHS831 said:

Then how does Cam not have a case, as you said earlier?  If the doctors and coaches knew of the injury and approved it, Cam would have a case--the only factor we do not know is the verbiage of his contract.   This is often avoided because many players with huge contracts are insured or their contracts clearly state the terms of the deal in the event of injury.  I used to be friends with some NFL players and they would not play basketball, for example, because an injury would void their contract.  THey were allowed to train---that is about it.  Cam's kickball tournament is low-risk, which is why they do it.   Things may be different.

Because Cam would have also known about the injury and approved it. You think Cam didn’t know that his own body was actually injured?

Seriously, often we learn (sometimes years later) of the actual variables behind the scenes.  Part of the "fun" is to speculate.  No harm.