Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Tragic: Bucs set to move on from Jameis Winston after season

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, JARROD said:

Jameis can reunite with Kelvin! 

Whoa... Dispite what you think about him he will definitely still be in the league as a starter or backup.. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


15 minutes ago, Snake said:

Good thing they got another Guru to figure it out. 

Well, that one gave up pretty damn quick.

I guess Arians has decided he'd rather  build his own guy rather than rebuild Winston.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Whoa... Dispite what you think about him he will definitely still be in the league as a starter or backup.. 

Well I do think he could go be a backup for someone— he just has to accept it. 
 

I noticed the Matt Schaubs and the Matt Moore’s and Fitzpatricks out there that accept it and make careers of it.

then there’s those who won’t.

Edited by JARROD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Well I do think he could go be a backup for someone— he just has to accept it. 
 

I noticed the Matt Schaubs and the Matt Moore’s and Fitzpatricks out there that accept it and make careers of it.

then there’s those who won’t.

Not sure he is just a backup up either.. he has had success.. highs and lows.. I dont think there are 31 better QBs than winston.. I dont think like say Andy dalton,Mariota, whoever's Miami qb, the Redskins qb and so on are better than him. Probably not the giants either.. point being I think he can still be a starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Not sure he is just a backup up either.. he has had success.. highs and lows.. I dont think there are 31 better QBs than winston.. I dont think like say Andy dalton,Mariota, whoever's Miami qb, the Redskins qb and so on are better than him. Probably not the giants either.. point being I think he can still be a starter.

All a great list of soon to come journeyman,.. ie vet backups that take the reigns from time to time.

they all have to accept it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've been reading up on one named Brian Mills recently.

He's said to have a particular set of skills :thinking:

He would probably make an excellent GM. He always has such good luck finding the people he's looking for. 

He also does a bang up job at negotiating.

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Now we just need AIDS Lesion Face in NO to retire. 

If you scared, say you scared! 

:tongue:

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

A fair amount of that falls on supposed QB guru Jon Gruden.

How so? In his 7 years in Tampa, Gruden only drafted 3 QB’s: 

  • Chris Simms (3rd rounder)
  • Bruce Gradkowski (6th rounder)
  • Josh Johnson (5th rounder)

Now if he was whiffing on 1st round QB after 1st round QB I could understand but he didn’t.

Hell, he didn’t even have a 1st round pick until 2004 since the Buccaneers traded them away to get Gruden, LOL.

Edited by Iron Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

If you scared, say you scared! 

:tongue:

Scared of his 56% career winning percentage against us? Lol. Suuuuure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

How so? In his 7 years in Tampa, Gruden only drafted 3 QB’s: 

  • Chris Simms (3rd rounder)
  • Bruce Gradkowski (6th rounder)
  • Josh Johnson (5th rounder)

Now if he was whiffing on 1st round QB after 1st round QB I could understand but he didn’t.

Hell, he didn’t even have a 1st round pick until 2004 since the Buccaneers traded them away to get Gruden, LOL.

Where are those guys now, though?

How Gruden got a rep for being a quarterback guru is beyond me. I can't think of a single quarterback he developed. Everybody he had any success with was already a veteran.

The ones he tried to develop, he was continually cycling in and out. Never stuck with anybody long enough for them to get a rhythm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He would probably make an excellent GM. He always has such good luck finding the people he's looking for. 

He also does a bang up job at negotiating.

Cute daughter, too.

 

 

 

I probably wouldn't ask her out :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Scared of his 56% career winning percentage against us? Lol. Suuuuure.

56% > 46.7%

:tongue:

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Where are those guys now, though?

How Gruden got a rep for being a quarterback guru is beyond me. I can't think of a single quarterback he developed. Everybody he had any success with was already a veteran.

The ones he tried to develop, he was continually cycling in and out. Never stuck with anybody long enough for them to get a rhythm.

I don’t think it’s that he got it from developing QB’s but moreso that he got the most out of some real bottom of the barrel talent.

As an OC, had back-to-back 10-6 seasons in 1995 and 1996 with Rodney Peete and Ty Detmer at QB which he parlayed into a HC gig two years later.

Then in Oakland, he took Gannon who had a career record of 31-27, 66 TD to 53 INT, 57.1% completion % and 76.1 QB rating as a starter and in Gannon’s first four years in Oakland, he went 41-23, 105 TD to 44 INT, 63.4 completion %, 93.2 QB rating, and  racked up 4 Pro Bowls, 2 1st Team All-Pros, and a MVP.

Now I know Gruden wasn’t there in 2002, but considering they ran the exact offense Gruden installed and didn't even as much bother to change the verbiage, it’s safe to say without Gannon’s previous 3 seasons of success in that offense under Gruden, his MVP season in 2002 never happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...