Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Kyle Allen's game is improving.

He is a rookie they make mistakes.  But he has the right composure and instincts. He is also capable of extending a playing. Stuff you cant teach.  

• Pie 9

He probably ensured he's going to have a long NFL career just from that last drive alone. 

He made some pretty critical mistakes early but drove 90 yards at the end of a game in a snowstorm and put us in a position to tie.

He (along with Cam) would look 10x better with competent coaches imo. PLEASE make it happen Tepper. 

• Pie 7

Oh he will be a starter. I think he has a great upside. Some people think he is similar to Case Kennan or Kirk Cousins. I actually agree, I think he is similar to both, he could end up being a journeyman, but he will be a starter in this league.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Agreed. He had 2 turnovers (can't be 100 percent about the fumble, that could have been on the center snap, but given that Allen has had fumbling issues in the past gonna say it's on him) and could have doomed us with a pick six that got dropped, but anybody who thinks that a guy who can never be better than a backup goes into Lambeau and marches his team down the field in the FREAKING SNOW and puts them on the goal line at the end of the game is just not being honest with themselves about that player's ceiling.

He may or may not improve to the level of full time starter, I agree there are too many cautionary tales to ignore that possibility, but the young man clearly showed he has the potential to be more than that if he works and improves his game. I also agree this has no bearing whatsoever on Cam's status with the team, so for the love of dog, can we all stop pretending it does?

• Pie 2

I feel like he put his heart and soul into that game.  Yes, he made two critical errors that you could probably say cost us the game (although I'd say the piss poor defense had something to do with it too), but all you can ask of your QB is that he gets up each time he's knocked down.  He damn near made up for those mistakes and led us to a legendary comeback victory in the driving snow.  If you can't see that this guy has potential you're blind.  

• Pie 1

Jeremy, why do you feel he wont be on this team next year? At his bargain price and the fact that he is showing upside, I'm confused as to what would be a better option should cam go.

I completely agree!  What we saw on that final drive, I feel is just the beginning for Allen!  I think we have something special in him...there is just something about him!  Can’t put my finger knit!

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Jeremy, why do you feel he wont be on this team next year? At his bargain price and the fact that he is showing upside, I'm confused as to what would be a better option should cam go.

It would be insane to let Allen walk after this season for as cheap as we can sign him

• Pie 4

Allen's short memory is a bonus for him. He doesn't seem to let bad throws or results scare him. Playing more is only going to help him improve, and now that Cam's on IR, it probably takes a little pressure off from the standpoint of always looking over his shoulder if Cam was cleared medically to play. 

Don't know if he'll be the quarterback of the future here, but it's safe to say he'll be in the league for a while as a very good backup at the least. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I am not taking for granted a single thing this offseason. I think it is going to be a huge rebuild. 

I know CMC will be here. 

That sums up everything I know. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Colts, Seahawks, Saints x2. Until we win one of those 4 games I'm not buying into moral victories. We should continue to groom him, but I'm not sure how the next coaching staff will feel about him. 

Edited by gmonjimbo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, uncfan888 said:

It would be insane to let Allen walk after this season for as cheap as we can sign him

Yeah even if Cam comes back and lights it up, Allen would still be a helluva backup and would STILL be cheap even for a backup. No reason he's not here next season.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am not taking for granted a single thing this offseason. I think it is going to be a huge rebuild. 

I know CMC will be here. 

That sums up everything I know. 

One thing I hate about rebuilds is the way perfectly good players tend to get thrown out with the bathwater. If you're not rebuilding, is there any reason on dog's green earth that Kyle Allen isn't considered at bare minimum an outstanding backup qb that you can have on your team for peanuts? 

If it's true it's a no brainer to keep a player under non rebuild circumstances, why does this suddenly change during a rebuild? IMO a large portion of what needs to change about this team concerns the people running the show. I think there is a good deal of talent on the field, it's just not being used properly imo. Some players should go, but I'm not in favor of stripping to the bone.

Edited by 1of10Charnatives
  • Pie 1