Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Well, at least his helps solidify Herbert as a potential top 10 pick. Even if we dont get him, he will push someone down to 7. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

Well, at least his helps solidify Herbert as a potential top 10 pick. Even if we dont get him, he will push someone down to 7. 

I believe 4 QBs will go in the top ten, ALL could go before the panthers pick.

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I could logically see teams selecting 4 in the first but 4 in the top 10 will get some people fired in my opinion. :)

• Pie 1

I hope that the Dolphins or Chargers take a stab at Herbert.  Leaves more options for us.  I looked at the highlights of the game and still don't see anything special in Herbert.  He'll be a game manager at the next level.  Let someone else have him.

36 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

I could logically see teams selecting 4 in the first but 4 in the top 10 will get some people fired in my opinion. :)

It always happens, teams super panic when it comes to QBs. If Tua gos 3...... it could cause panic. Plus teams wayyyy over-value QBs, cause they maybe the "savior". I see Burrow, Tua, and Herbert going top ten rather easy. Then a "surprise" QB being picked too, right now its Love. Still a long ways to go, all it takes is one team. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

That would be unusual. 

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Who is the fourth guy?  Love?

I have seen several games encluding today's that Justin Herbert QB, Oregon played in and he seems to be getting better and better. Even though we need DL and OL help i hope we draft  him with our # 7 first rd selection if he is still available..

If they would have had the #5 pick then they could have had so many teams trying to trade up there for a QB. They'd be ahead of the Chargers and Dolphins who both need QB's. The Dolphins have 3 first round draft picks this year. That would have been such a good haul, potentially grabbing those picks had they won more games. They'd have to leapfrog several teams. Unfortunately at #7 both the chargers and the Dolphins don't need to move up. The only scenario i'd see is if they pick the QB's they need and the Dolphins pull the trigger on a OT to protect their QB, the Panthers would get the 18th and 26th, plus a lower round pick to move up to #7 if the draft board falls to where no OT was taken prior to the Panthers pick. 

The thing is, that if the Panthers decide to stay with Cam, they need to protect his blind side and if the best OT is on the board, I don't think they would give up that pick for 2 first rounders. I wouldn't. Especially when it's the best tackle of the draft. I don't know. 

IF they stay at the pick and Brown is available or Thomas...Take Thomas. 

Hopefully Bengals go Burrow, Dolphins get Tua, and Chargers go with Herbert. With Young going to the Redskins one of the other top linemen should fall to us.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Hopefully Bengals go Burrow, Dolphins get Tua, and Chargers go with Herbert. With Young going to the Redskins one of the other top linemen should fall to us.

I've had a change of opinion on OL at #7.  I think we need to go FA at LT and concentrate on the rest of the line.  No superstar LTs in this year's draft.   Thomas is the closest one and he's got some polish left to his game.  He's not ready to block the blindside this September.  I really was hopeful based off our need, but after watching more and more video on these OT guys, you can see where they just aren't there yet.

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I've had a change of opinion on OL at #7.  I think we need to go FA at LT and concentrate on the rest of the line.  No superstar LTs in this year's draft.   Thomas is the closest one and he's got some polish left to his game.  He's not ready to block the blindside this September.  I really was hopeful based off our need, but after watching more and more video on these OT guys, you can see where they just aren't there yet.

I really want a defensive lineman. Derrick Brown is my top choice. Our defense instantly gets better with him plus KK back from injury. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I really want a defensive lineman. Derrick Brown is my top choice. Our defense instantly gets better with him plus KK back from injury. 

I'm there with you now.  Again, I was hoping an OT would be the answer at #7, but after watching more video it's clear OT is not where we should go in with our first pick this year.

BPA is where we should go. Whoever it happens to be. Nothing should be off the table. Too many needs on this team.

• Beer 1